Your hopes for Super Smash Bros. 4 Stages

Sakurai has been hesitant in the past to include a lot of Kirby stuff because it would be pushing his own product. Thats why Dedede was cut from melee.

Thought.

If the 3DS version has stages focusing on handhelds, that opens the possibility for something from the Rockman World series and its lesser known but still awesome music.

damn that's good <3

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Sakurai has been hesitant in the past to include a lot of Kirby stuff because it would be pushing his own product. Thats why Dedede was cut from melee.

I don't really think having two stages based on the Kirby series would be pushing it, but I don't know how Sakurai thinks. Mario had 4 stages, so if anything, Mario was pushing it. I'm fairly certain Kirby is a big enough series to earn two stages anyways.

General Zod said:
With the whole "Console stages for the Wii U version", what does this mean for Pokemon stages in the Wii U version.

I'm guessing there'd be yet another Pokemon Stadium thing like how both Brawl and Melee had stages that transformed into Pokemon type themes.

Well, if they make a Pokemon Stadium 3, then it would probably be including the Fairy type as a stage.

I'm sure that they would also include maybe a ghost, psychic, and fighting with it. Other possibilities could be dark, dragon, poison, and bug.

And yeah, Kirby does deserve two stages, since it is a very big series, and I mean, come on, some other series get more than one stage that probably only deserve 1 stage!

And probably no Glitz Pit since they'll probably be focusing on games from the Wii and Wii U generations. That's how they usually do it; I mean they focused Brawl on Gamecube era and a tiny bit of Wii (mostly just on the Zelda stuff).

I definitely could see something from SPM though.

King Antasma said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
King Antasma said:
Wii U stages
Something from Paper Mario series excluding Sticker Star

GLITZ PIT
GLITZ PIT
GLITZ PIT
YES. That would actually be a great new addition!

I don't know what they could do with it though to not make it like the Punch-out stage.

I think just Rogueport would work better, or maybe the Excess Express!​

King Antasma said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
King Antasma said:
Wii U stages

GLITZ PIT
GLITZ PIT
GLITZ PIT

Generic fighting arena? Yawn.

What's so special about Glitz Pit? Maybe it's just me, but if they did a Thousand Year Door stage, I'd prefer they do something from Chapter 5 or 7.​

New Super Mario said:
King Antasma said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
King Antasma said:
Wii U stages

GLITZ PIT
GLITZ PIT
GLITZ PIT

I don't know what they could do with it though to not make it like the Punch-out stage.

I think just Rogueport would work better, or maybe the Excess Express!

Delfino Plaza is sort of the same idea as Rougeport, and plus there's already a train stage confirmed.​

Booker said:
King Antasma said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
King Antasma said:
Wii U stages

GLITZ PIT
GLITZ PIT
GLITZ PIT

Generic fighting arena? Yawn.

What's so special about Glitz Pit? Maybe it's just me, but if they did a Thousand Year Door stage, I'd prefer they do something from Chapter 5 or 7.

Yes because a conspiracy involving a machine sucking the life force from innocent fighters just to power up the host is just so dang generic.

EDIT:Oops double posted...​

What happens in the actual game (in this case, TTYD) =/= what will happen in Smash Bros

cryoAwakening said:
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/brawl-stages-may-not-return-for-the-next-smash-bros

Not a big deal since I have Brawl for playing Brawl stages. But I can see how a lot of people wouldn't like it if they didn't return. I guess he didn't say it wasn't going to happen, just that they don't think they could do them justice and that they have to look into it.

Really, I'm just going to leave all the choices for the game up to them since I'm sure they can do a good enough job. Also because my input doesn't change what will happen to the game so I won't bother.

Crackin355 said:
cryoAwakening said:
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/brawl-stages-may-not-return-for-the-next-smash-bros

Not a big deal since I have Brawl for playing Brawl stages. But I can see how a lot of people wouldn't like it if they didn't return. I guess he didn't say it wasn't going to happen, just that they don't think they could do them justice and that they have to look into it.

Really, I'm just going to leave all the choices for the game up to them since I'm sure they can do a good enough job. Also because my input doesn't change what will happen to the game so I won't bother.

It's the same with the Ice Climbers issue; they are having trouble incorporating things they want because of the 3DS and how the 3DS basically can't do some things good that the Wii U simply can.

I really hope that the 3DS doesn't make it a hinderance on some things for the game because of some issues they are having right now.

By the way, on the wiki it says there is a Kid Icarus stage for the 3DS shown in Pit's screenshots. But there's only three battlefield pictures and one Arena Ferox picture. I don't know which one someone mistook for a new stage but the platform designs and background is the same as the 3DS battlefield.

I'd love to see a Pokemon stage different from the Stadiums, maybe one that doesn't even have any Pokemon at all. I'd also like to see stages from old games i.e. some Kirby's Dream Course courses or maybe the results screen, with all the stars and the board saying your score.

Back