How do i add Categories to the Category list on Wikia?

Boo Diddly

Shine Sprite
I'm new to Wikia, please help me add Categories into the Category list! :(

I assume by "wikia", you mean the MarioWiki itself. To add category pages, you will need to type the category name on every article which is to become an entry. At the bottom of the article, type [[Category:category name]]. There are many aspects of policy which dictates the order and what kind of categories the page receives. These are explained at MarioWiki:Categories. If you don't understand something in particular, be sure to ask.

It's hard to tell if he meant Wikia as in the many wikis hosted on Wikia or the MarioWiki.

Well, if you were talking about MarioWiki, then follow YoshiKong's advice. If you're talking about Wikia, then look to the right of the edit dashboard and scroll down. You should see a Categories tab. Just type in the category you want to add, press enter, and it should be added.

MCS said:
It's hard to tell if he meant Wikia as in the many wikis hosted on Wikia or the MarioWiki.

Well, if you were talking about MarioWiki, then follow YoshiKong's advice. If you're talking about Wikia, then look to the right of the edit dashboard and scroll down. You should see a Categories tab. Just type in the category you want to add, press enter, and it should be added.
But i was trying to put an Article into the Items Category and The Category didn't show up!

YoshiKong said:
I assume by "wikia", you mean the MarioWiki itself. To add category pages, you will need to type the category name on every article which is to become an entry. At the bottom of the article, type [[Category:category name]]. There are many aspects of policy which dictates the order and what kind of categories the page receives. These are explained at MarioWiki:Categories. If you don't understand something in particular, be sure to ask.

Wikia's a wiki hosting server, I believe

Neptune 2.0 said:
Yes, it is indeed. But I wasn't sure if he was talking about the MarioWiki itself, or an actual Wikia site.

Randombob-omb4761 said:
But i was trying to put an Article into the Items Category and The Category didn't show up!
Please clarify, do you mean this wiki, or another site hosted by Wikia?

YoshiKong said:
Neptune 2.0 said:
Yes, it is indeed. But I wasn't sure if he was talking about the MarioWiki itself, or an actual Wikia site.

Randombob-omb4761 said:
Please clarify, do you mean this wiki, or another site hosted by Wikia?
another site hosted by Wikia.

Ah, okay. So then in that case, follow this advice:

MCS said:
[...] look to the right of the edit dashboard and scroll down. You should see a Categories tab. Just type in the category you want to add, press enter, and it should be added. Then press Publish.

MCS said:
Ah, okay. So then in that case, follow this advice:

MCS said:
[...] look to the right of the edit dashboard and scroll down. You should see a Categories tab. Just type in the category you want to add, press enter, and it should be added. Then press Publish.
but it says that my category dosen't exist :???:

you need to make a category page first.

Back