Guys you'd know what would be great?

So... tell me exactly what was wrong with all of those games.

Nintendo doesn't need Square to make SMRPG2. It's not like they can't make a good turn-based RPG if they wanted to.

Dozla said:
3. Square Enix is well past the saving point. They were jerks when they took Final Fantasy past FF VI, and there's no saving them after that.

Dozla said:
Final Fantasy VII

Oohoh, I'm pretty sure among Final Fantasy fans, this is considered a sacrilege.

Charmander said:
Oohoh, I'm pretty sure among Final Fantasy fans, this is considered a sacrilege.
Eh, half and half. It's a love it or hate it thing.

Definitely perfer a sequel or an enhancemake to Snap over a simple port. Loved the original, great challenge, even today I'm trying to top my crappy Scyther and Muk shots, but Wrinkly Kong's ghost, the entire game can be completed in about 2 hours!

Charmander said:
Dozla said:
3. Square Enix is well past the saving point. They were jerks when they took Final Fantasy past FF VI, and there's no saving them after that.

Dozla said:
Final Fantasy VII

I'm pretty sure among final fantasy fans, ANYTHING I said against them is sacrilege.

Oh no, you said that the things up to Final Fantasy 6 were good. That is consistent with the opinion of one vocal camp within the fandom. However, there's another vocal camp in the fandom, the ones who fiercely defend Final Fantasy 7, who are going to personally travel to your house now and tear your face off in the name of Jehova or something.

If they find you and attack you, you can try and escape while they are busy going through their lengthy attack animation. You have to get lucky and hope they are using the non-japanese version of Super Nova to grill you, though.

I honestly find final fantasy 6 better than 7.

besides Shadow is pretty much a boss and cyan is insane with that psycho cyan bug.

Charmander said:
Oh no, you said that the things up to Final Fantasy 6 were good. That is consistent with the opinion of one vocal camp within the fandom. However, there's another vocal camp in the fandom, the ones who fiercely defend Final Fantasy 7, who are going to personally travel to your house now and tear your face off in the name of Jehova or something.

If they find you and attack you, you can try and escape while they are busy going through their lengthy attack animation. You have to get lucky and hope they are using the non-japanese version of Super Nova to grill you, though.

but I meant the majority...

And here I thought the Final Fantasy fandom was divided into a side that fiercely defends Final Fantasy 6 and rips everyone to shreds who disagrees, and a side that fiercely defends Final Fantasy 7 and rips everyone to shreds who disagrees, plus a quiet minority that does not involve themselves in ripping people to shreds.

Dozla said:
why do we have to wait for square Enix to stop being jerks?

1. They don't own Nintendo's characters, so they can't stop Nintendo from making a sequel2. Nintendo can make the game without them, it's not that hard

Hello, they own Geno!
Squarenix had a fit when nintendo gave geno a cameo in M&L:SS.

And why would that necessarily be a problem? It's not like Nintendo reuses any of their other RPG characters.

Toad Eightyfive said:
And why would that necessarily be a problem? It's not like Nintendo reuses any of their other RPG characters.
Because the Geno fans would kill Nintendo.

Plus, a name like Super Mario RPG 2 would imply a direct sequel, so it would be pretty strange not to have some of the characters.

Toad Eightyfive said:
Super Paper Mario used squat from the first two Paper Mario games.

And Paper Mario: Sticker Star used even less from Super Paper Mario than Super Paper Mario from the first two Paper Mario games

inb4this derails into yet another Sticker Star hating thread

Not counting name drops and more or less irrelevant cameos that would be easy to remove, I don't think The Thousand-Year Door reused any characters from Paper Mario either.

but guys, fawful

i can't remember why, but earlier i promised myself i'd insert fawful into this discussion, so there you go

Do you mean lord spongeful or the actual character?

Yeah, the little weird bean guy that flys around with a helmet thats shoots things at you. When will he get his own game?

Fawful tetris. XD

Geno said:
Dozla said:
why do we have to wait for square Enix to stop being jerks?

1. They don't own Nintendo's characters, so they can't stop Nintendo from making a sequel2. Nintendo can make the game without them, it's not that hard

Hello

Hi.

Back