Sonic Adventure 3 on the way?

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=201587

- Level titled “Shattered Heights” will be reminiscent of New York
- Will consist of Sonic and Tails breaking through tall buildings as humans gasp in horror
- Sonic and Tails communicate to each other in every level and discuss surroundings
- Each character can access parts the other character can’t
- Developers aim to make a Sonic Generations that played like the Genesis titles
- will feature Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, and Amy Rose
- will also include some sort of Magical necklace.
- Emblems will make a return
- Levels will include S rank missions, “Collect all Red Ring” missions, and side missions for ever character
- due out on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, 3DS, PlayStation 4, and the next Xbox
- due out November 2013
- 3DS version will not be handled by Dimps

Hopefully they use the Snic Unleashed gameplay style.

It's about time we had a new Sonic game.

Xpike said:

Oh thank god. Because I swear if that was real I would of made a post exactly like this

Solar Blaze said:

- Will consist of Sonic and Tails breaking through tall buildings as humans gasp in horror
- Sonic and Tails communicate to each other in every level and discuss surroundings
- Developers aim to make a Sonic Generations that played like the Genesis titles
- Levels will include S rank missions, “Collect all Red Ring” missions, and side missions for ever character
- due out on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, 3DS, PlayStation 4, and the next Xbox
- due out November 2013

Oh that sounds awesome I can't wait to play i-

wait...

-Sonic and Tails breaking through tall buildings as humans gasp in horror
-Sonic and Tails [...] as humans
-as humans

WHAT

That's actually poorly worded, SonicMario

It's talking about humans gasping in horror as they witness Sonic and Tails breaking through tall buildings

Northern Verve said:
Solar Blaze said:

- due out November 2013

Oh that sounds awesome I can't wait to play i-

wait...

-Sonic and Tails breaking through tall buildings as humans gasp in horror
-Sonic and Tails [...] as humans
-as humans

WHAT
I think you're taking that a bit out of context...

I entirely disagree with the notion that either Heroes or Sonic 06 counts as Sonic Adventure 3. But I'm a bit too busy to follow up on why.

Northern Verve said:
I entirely disagree with the notion that either Heroes or Sonic 06 counts as Sonic Adventure 3. But I'm a bit too busy to follow up on why.

Nutshell it.

Well there's two main ideas to this. While even the first Adventure entirely changed the look of the characters and everything. They didn't make it to the point where everything was realistic like Sonic 06 tried to do. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 unlike Sonic 06 did not go for a "What if Sonic was real approach".

Also this may sound like a petty reason, but I believe any game even if it has everything that the past two games had but no Chao Garden. Then it's not a true installment in the Adventure series. I truly think the Chao Garden is an important part of an Adventure series game because it gave them more replayability then a Sonic game normally has. And that was what was brilliant about it, because it gave you more reason to replay them to take care of the Chao and raise them however you want. I mean it was fun in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and at least for me and other we actually cared for these virtual pets (I'd feel bad if I ever hit a chao). And that was in the Dreamcast/Gamecube era, just think what they could do with it now.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was happy to say "good riddance" to the Chao Gardens when Sonic Heroes came along. I've always hated it, and considered it to be a complete and total waste of time and space, which had no place whatsoever in the series. It would be another thing entirely if they didn't make it a mandatory requirement for getting all the emblems.

Solar Blaze said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I was happy to say "good riddance" to the Chao Gardens when Sonic Heroes came along. I've always hated it, and considered it to be a complete and total waste of time and space, which had no place whatsoever in the series. It would be another thing entirely if they didn't make it a mandatory requirement for getting all the emblems.

I so so so so so SO disagree about Chao Gardens it's not even funny. I mean sure I don't replay it as much as I do the main game lately. But god damn it I actually cared for those things as pitifully sentimental as it sounds. There was a moment where I tried to raise a chao by just abusing it, but after which I just felt so bad even if I was trying to see some of the effects abusing had that was told on the internet. I eventually just did the Say Goodbye thing. To put it in perspective, I cared more about the Chao themselves then I ever could of getting the Emblems of the Chao Race.

EDIT: Additionally they were important to the plot in Sonic Adventure 1. And SA2 offered a much, much , better and improved engine for it.

As "improved" as the Chao Garden engine may have been in Sonic Adventure 2, it was still a complete chore to play, and I hated it just as much as I did in the first one. I can honestly say that I found more enjoyment out of Big's fishing stages than I ever did with the Chao Gardens, and that's saying a lot. Should a Sonic Adventure 3 truly come to exist, then I hope it's something completely optional this time around, as in, not being a requirement for getting all the emblems.

I don't like that the Chao Garden was necessary to get all of the emblems, and if it returns it'd be better as optional. I didn't think Chao Garden was bad, but if it never comes back at all, I'm not going to care that much.

The Chao Garden is one of the reasons why I consider Sonic Adventure 2 Battle the best Sonic game. That and the multiplayer.

Smasher said:
I don't like that it was necessary to get all of the emblems, and if it returns it'd be better as optional. I didn't think Chao Garden was bad, but if it never comes back at all, I'm not going to care that much.
It was already optional to begin with. In both Adventure games and Heroes, you could just simply play through all the stories, and you didn't have to bother collecting all the emblems to do so. The emblems system was there purely for replay value.

I meant I wanted the Chao Garden to not be a requirement in getting all of the emblems since I'm a perfectionist who wants to get all of them (but never actually does so, lol). I could see how you got confused though, I could have worded it a little better.

Did anyone ever think that the Sonic Adventure series pretty much got scrapped, just like with the Pokemon Stadium series?

Back