Mini collab: removing genre and platform of the game in beginnings of articles

Banon

Koopa Troopa
Hi everyone,

I noticed a few articles begin with, for example, "Petit Piranhas are Lava Piranhas at their youngest state in the Nintendo 64 RPG, Paper Mario.".

I think we should not state the genre nor the platform of the game, because it's unnecessary and it doesn't add anything about the ennemy/level/whatever.

I don't consider this as a real collaboration, because only a few articles begin like this, but I made this thread to ask you to remove that kind of information whenever you see it.

Thank you :)

I've actually done this with some VBWL enemies in the past, but I'll change them to the more appropriate format.

Can you prove some examples for other articles or groups of articles which we can work on?

Yeah, I think there are no particular group of articles.

I think we should get rid of the game as well (e.g. : Goombas are round ennemies found in the game Super Mario Bros.).

What do you think about it?

I think all the platforms/games just serve as padding so yeah I agree they should be eliminated

Sometimes, you need to specify, but most of the time, the "game" part points out the obvious and is redundant.

Back