Earthbound on Wii U

OK, if you guys could help me out here, that'd be great.

Just got Jeff and reunited everyone. But Paula. SHE IS SO WEAK. She is dieing like all the time and the hosipital fee is pretty expensive. Is there anything I can do to make her better or die less often or something? Also, what do I do now that I've gotten out of the locked room. I tried going back by the two zombies but they just stared into my soul again.

I usually just grind until Paula's strong enough to hold her own, or save up to buy more food, or just use PSI Lifeup sparingly.

As for what you're supposed to do, you just wander around Threed until you get a call from the Apple Kid, who says he'll send you a new invention via the Mach Pizza guy. It's Zombie Paper: like fly paper, but for zombies. You take the zombie paper, bring it to the tent in the center, then you... talk to someone there? Or check the floor? I dunno, do something to lay down the paper. Then you sleep at the hotel, and all the zombies will be stick to the floor of the tent the next morning, including the ones blocking your way.

Smashgoom202 said:
I usually just grind until Paula's strong enough to hold her own, or save up to buy more food, or just use PSI Lifeup sparingly.

As for what you're supposed to do, you just wander around Threed until you get a call from the Apple Kid, who says he'll send you a new invention via the Mach Pizza guy. It's Zombie Paper: like fly paper, but for zombies. You take the zombie paper, bring it to the tent in the center, then you... talk to someone there? Or check the floor? I dunno, do something to lay down the paper. Then you sleep at the hotel, and all the zombies will be stick to the floor of the tent the next morning, including the ones blocking your way.

Alright thanks. Jeff already passed Paula though in level (Jeff is at like 16 or 17 and Paula is at like 11).

New Super Mario said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Alright thanks. Jeff already passed Paula though in level (Jeff is at like 16 or 17 and Paula is at like 11).
Maybe it's because you went to the Lilliput Steps before you got Paula. I typically tend to strengthen her up before moving on, since she's typically so weak.

New Super Mario said:
OK, if you guys could help me out here, that'd be great.

Just got Jeff and reunited everyone. But Paula. SHE IS SO WEAK. She is dieing like all the time and the hosipital fee is pretty expensive. Is there anything I can do to make her better or die less often or something? Also, what do I do now that I've gotten out of the locked room. I tried going back by the two zombies but they just stared into my soul again.

i have one strategy

assuming you're at least level 20 by the time you rescue paula, you should've learned psi shield by now

every time you get into battle, use the shield on her and take out the enemies yourself

she should grow at least 4-5 levels on your first battle, and so on so forth

using this strategy, paula's already level 12 before i've even left for threed (which i'm not even at yet)

Ness said:
Paula have the most strongest psi attacks
False.

Ness and Poo have Psi Rockin omega and Psi Starstorm omega which are equally the strongest Psi attacks in the whole game.

Super Smash Bros 4 Mario said:
Ness said:
Paula have the most strongest psi attacks
False.

Ness and Poo have Psi Rockin omega and Psi Starstorm omega which are equally the strongest Psi attacks in the whole game.
Well not strongest, but she's the one who has the most variety and most PP,
excluding post-Magicant Ness

pfffft each character is overpowered in his own way.

jeff can even be op if you give him the rare stuff and pack him with multi bottle rockets.

lol might explain why the game is so easy.

Hard to believe mother 3 is even easier.

Zae said:
lol might explain why the game is so easy.

Hard to believe mother 3 is even easier.
yep.

poo is even op if you choose to not get "the * of kings" set.

New Super Mario said:
Wow, I'm stupid.

No wonder I sucked against Master Belch so bad. I never got the fly honey. Such an oh duh moment in gaming.

You didn't see garbage can in the front of you when you beat the tent boss?

Ness said:
New Super Mario said:
Wow, I'm stupid.

No wonder I sucked against Master Belch so bad. I never got the fly honey. Such an oh duh moment in gaming.

You didn't see garbage can in the front of you when you beat the tent boss?
tent boss? am I even in the right location, lol?

You are in Threed/Saturn Valley now?

Enter the purple tent south of threed and use psi fire all times

Ness said:
You are in Threed/Saturn Valley now?

Enter the purple tent south of threed and use psi fire all times
Yeah, I'm in Saturn Valley. So I was supposed to go back first then? I've been facing Master Belch already for a while. Alright, I'll do that.

You're intended to fight the Boogey Tent during the zombified Threed. I'm not sure if it'll still be there or not since Threed is clear of zombies, but don't take my word for it.

While you are in threed, do you remember the insane cultist (happy happy painter). In the japan MOTHER 2, their hat doesn't have a snowball in the end and there is word of "HH" on it and SNES have low res so it look like "KK". The american verison that they remove those because those look like KKK. Also in Threed, in japan it is called Threek, as a three k and american changed those too.

A interview about this ^ and other stuff

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/07/marcus-lindblom-earthbound/

Kellam said:
You're intended to fight the Boogey Tent during the zombified Threed. I'm not sure if it'll still be there or not since Threed is clear of zombies, but don't take my word for it.
Yeah, I already fought that tent. And now I'm in Saturn Valley. Don't I just pick up the fly honey on the conveyor belt?

New Super Mario said:
Yeah, I already fought that tent. And now I'm in Saturn Valley. Don't I just pick up the fly honey on the conveyor belt?
JLOd17Q.png

You check that garbage can that was next to the Boogey Tent in Threed, it is south of the Mach Pizza shop, you seemed to have forgotten to check it.

I haven't been playing EarthBound that much, so many other things to do with my time, though I do make time to play it whenever I can... I ESPECIALLY love sharing screenshots on Miiverse. There are loads of funny moments that are share-worthy!

Back