Boston marathon explosions

Xerneas said:
I really don't want this to continue happening.

Everyone wants tragedies like these to stop, really

The Taliban denied being involved in this attack.

[quote author=Ihsanullah Ihsan, Spokesman for the Pakistani Taliban]Wherever we find Americans we will kill them, but we don't have any connection with the Boston Explosions.[/quote]

The types of bombs used were "pressure cooking pot bombs", which had been used in the 2010 attack on Times Square, which was associated with the Taliban.

ollas.jpg

i know there's safety mechanisms but i'm always a little afraid of those things exploding

An arrest has reportedly been made. News conference will be coming up sometime in the next few hours.

EDIT: FBI and Boston PD deny the reports of an arrest.

They have at least some clue now;videos showed someone on the rooftop close to where the bombs exploded.

Heard this too, but my mind was too traumatized just to even respond to said post; I too give prayers to all those affected by yet another unthinkable tragedy.

A recent Family Guy episode was banned due to the Boston marathon explosions.

It's the one where Peter gets a Muslim friend and gets caught up in a terrorist attack to blow up a bridge. The part that cancelled it was from a cutaway, where Peter is in the Boston Marathon, driving in his car over people and running over everyone, and then winning the race.

They don't know if it will remained banned or not. I understand having it banned for awhile, but we'll see.

Xerneas said:
The part that cancelled it was from a cutaway, where Peter is in the Boston Marathon, driving in his car over people and running over everyone, and then winning the race.
Omg, that scene sounds messed up. Did they make this before or after the explosion?

Turbo-Tastic said:
Xerneas said:
The part that cancelled it was from a cutaway, where Peter is in the Boston Marathon, driving in his car over people and running over everyone, and then winning the race.
Omg, that scene sounds messed up. Did they make this before or after the explosion?

It aired a month ago.

http://news.yahoo.com/fox-pulls-family-guy-episode-following-boston-bombings-024834408--finance.html

The biggest concern over it was the fact people on Youtube were putting videos up with the bombing scene unrelated to the cutaway and putting it together with the boston cutaway to make it look like the boston explosion.

Xerneas said:
Turbo-Tastic said:
Xerneas said:

It aired a month ago.
Good. Yah had me there.

The Simpsons had an episode from 1999 that took place almost exclusively at the World Trade Center.

Nobody aired it for a few years after 9/11.

Apparently the bomb was in a black backpack. So people on the Internet are searching for people that fit the role.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/teen-boston-marathon-bomber/story?id=18990057#.UXDKQrWsh8F

new york post slaps a guy carrying a bag on the front cover implying he's a suspect. he was innocent and now he has to go around with everyone who sees him thinking he's the boston perp

fucking irresponsible

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/teen-boston-marathon-bomber/story?id=18990057#.UXDKQrWsh8F

new york post slaps a guy carrying a bag on the front cover implying he's a suspect. he was innocent and now he has to go around with everyone who sees him thinking he's the boston perp

fucking irresponsible
Everything for publicity. Really this is shameful.

The two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings are also the same suspects in the MIT shooting that occurred yesterday. They are brothers. One is dead, the other is at-large.

Anyone else watching the manhunt? From what I understand, the one that's still at-large has an explosive vest on and the entirety of Boston is locked down.

19:50 The media's idiotic.

Welp, we've got him cornered in Watertown, Mass. Whether or not we can take him alive...I dunno...got him cornered on a boat.

19:53 Explosions on the boat, apparently.

19:55 Okay, a flash grenade was just thrown, and no movement.

19:57 Negotiations may soon start. Suspect is severely injured. Apparently, these injuries may have been caused earlier, as blood was spotted earlier. Whose blood is unknown.

19:58 The boat seems to be a large recreational fishing vessel.

20:00 The shots from earlier appear to not be from an automatic firearm.

20:02 Okay, negotiator has arrived.

20:04 NBC says tacticals are 'assaulting' the boat. The house that the boat's from appears to have its power cut. Why is beyond me.

20:06 A suicide vest MAY be there.

20:07 Okay, 'assaulting' means taking position.

20:08 Okay, we've got word that it's probable that the suspect has bled out.

20:10 http://t.co/JxgLkcVThj This is the house.

20:11 A robot is likely headed on its way. The boat is 'its owner's baby', I've heard.

20:13 The suspect has probably died, eyewitnesses are adding to it. The boat's forty-four feet long.

20:16 OH THE BOAT'S ON FIRE, APPARENTLY. Poor owner, hopefully he'll be okay.

20:19 The suspect is covered in blood, whether or not he's alive, I dunno. Ending updates.

Live watch of Yahoo's coverage.

Safe to say, this guy's dead. Police gave him an order to get his rear off the boat, and no reply. Thermal results picked up nothing. Waiting for confirmation.

20:44 WHAT'S THIS!? The suspect might have been peeking out from under the cover.

20:46 Suspect's brother has a gf/wife, who has a three year old girl.

20:47 He may be in custody.

20:49 WE'VE GOT HIM.
I DON'T BELIEVE IT. Condition unknown, but we've got him. IT'S OVER.

NBC reports that the suspect is alive and in custody.

I have no doubt that we're going to get conflicting reports for the next few minutes or for the next few hours, god only knows how this will play out.

Back