justin bieber anne frank controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Justin Bieber hopes Anne Frank "would have been a belieber" [News]

Xerneas said:
Rock Knight said:
Mario4Ever said:
^People are taking offense/becoming displeased with what Bieber said because of who Anne Frank was and because of the circumstances surrounding her death.
Yeah see here's the thing what exactly did he say that's so bad...

It was the fact that out of everything that happened, that would be the first thing he writes down, which is a very self-centered comment. I mean, he couldn't have written anything like the others wrote?

As many people have stated in this thread, it was very insensitive of him to do something like that.
Maybe i'm just desentisited to stupid controversies but allow me to give you what i feel is an appropriate response
OMG A TEENAGER SAID SOMETHING STUPID CALL THE FUCKING MILITARY THIS MONSTER MUST BE STOPPED
also i've read this article 3 times and what exactly is insenetive is it because he dared to say he'd like to have her as a fan... or did i miss the part where he called her a dirty jew bitch that deserved to die in a death camp

Being unable to get over yourself and deciding to turn an occasion like that into what is essentiially an advertisement of your work may not be offensive, but it surely is self-centered and shows a questionable lack of respect for the subject. If you commemorate the victim of a tragedy, you do not attempt to turn it around and make it about yourself. It is common courtesy.

It may not be an event worthy of calling the military (which nobody ever believed, otherwise they would have actually called the military, lol), but it is certainly something someone could get annoyed by, and there is no need to call people out for voicing their aggravations with a seemingly arrogant celebrity.

It is perfectly acceptable.

Beiber doesn't even know what Germany is so how would he know Anne Frank? Remember "What's German?"

I saw it on TV, pretty sad:
http://www.hartvannederland.nl/nederland/2013/bieber-epidimie-houdt-nederlandse-fans-in-greep/

Rock Knight said:
or did i miss the part where he called her a dirty jew bitch that deserved to die in a death camp

Boy, you seemed to really enjoy writing that last line. Very descriptive.

The problem with it is that he visited the house of teenage genocide victim and the one thing he took away from it was "yeah, but what would she think about me?" Plus there's the fact that he's basically demonstrated himself to be an awful, ungrateful brat every other time he's had a chance (saying the Black Keys need to be punched for not liking his music, tweeting "worst birthday ever!!" when a bar wouldn't allow his underage friends to drink, etc.). A

I actually kinda wish he'd be less of a punchable prick, then I could say "well, I don't like the music, but he seems like a good kid!" But no, he's awful and proud of it.

MKGirlism said:
I saw it on TV, pretty sad:
http://www.hartvannederland.nl/nederland/2013/bieber-epidimie-houdt-nederlandse-fans-in-greep/
dafuqdidijusthear_zps791610ad.png

Nice Cage said:
tweeting "worst birthday ever!!" when a bar wouldn't allow his underage friends to drink
Wasn't there some kind of drug involved as well or was that another time?

Lakituthequick: That was another time, he smoked marijuana and his legion of preteen fans got trolled into cutting themselves as protest

Panne said:
Fucking idiots.

learn your history.

Japan did pearl harbor! not north korea!

this angers me.

especially since I know history very well!

It's one thing to laugh at a person who gets that sort of thing wrong, but when you get angry, you look like an asshole with no perspective. Calm the fuck down.

The End said:
there are some people who.......they just don't deserve life on this planet.

Actually, they do.

/discussion

I just have one question: why are we giving Justin Bieber so much attention over this? Why should we give him the time of day and complain about him? Yes, what he said was quite selfish and disrespectful, but is he really the only one to have made similar comments?

If somebody posted about someone making similar comments, I'm pretty sure we'd be pissed about them too. It just so happens that mason posted this about Justin Bieber, so we're pissed about Justin Bieber.

if this thread was about jack black saying it, we'd be pissed at him

if this thread was about John goodman saying it, we'd be pissed at him

see what I'm saying?

Time Turner said:
I just have one question: why are we giving Justin Bieber so much attention over this? Why should we give him the time of day and complain about him? Yes, what he said was quite selfish and disrespectful, but is he really the only one to have made similar comments?

I was going to give an actual reason but then I saw the picture where Bieber claimed to be the Kurt Cobain of his generation.

A local radio station makes a musical each Thursday-morning.

It's about Justin today. Link.

*tune*
Q-music
Mattie and Wietze
Q is good for you
*end of tune*

We are concerned a bit. Therefor we present for his own good-
-and as a sign of love for this great star-
Justin Bieber, the musical.

*tune*
Justin Bieber x3
*end of tune*

Our young hero is in Amsterdam, and goes to the Anne Frank House of course. Nice to be in the house of a kid-star that doesn't get forgotten within 5 years.
But when he bows over the guestbook, the employees can see the storm coming.

*tune*
Bieber
There you have Justin Bieber
He wants to say something about Anne Frank, oh no
Bieber
Get us this Justin Bieber
'cause you're just a boy with acne
*end of tune*

Justin only just forgot to autotune his opinion. His comentary that he hopes Anne Frank whould have been a belieber, doesn't hit well. Justins management wants to save the case with a good-making action. Justin will sing a Bieber'ed version of a well known, Dutch hit.

*tune*
Ohohoh!
Hey, Anne, I know there's a lot of Germans
That want to find you and it hurts me
And every time I read your diary I hope
That you would have been a belieber-lieber-lieber, -lieber
*end of tune*

On which the Dutch respond with another song from someone from Volendam.

*tune*
If you just don't open your mouth
Don't try to say anything beautiful or profound
If we keep buying your records
Stay out of anything throughtful with your fuck-head
*end of tune*

But with a little bit of luck, Justins career just passed it's peak, and he'll go the side of all kids that get too much success at too young age.

*tune*
Next year, you discover crack and you crash your Farari at a gay-finishing-place
And it appears you playback anything
Oh money, and girls and drugs
Oh money, and girls and, overweeeiiight
You appear a neeiice (Note: I didn't get this either, I probably misheard it)
And you get scabies in your face
Oh money, and girls and drugs
Oh money, and girls and..
*end of tune*

Justin Bieber, the musical.
Hey Edo, where's that cd from Justin Bieber?
Behind the bookcupboard I believe.

*tune*
Mattie and Wietze
Q-music
Q is good for you
*end of tune*

Lakituthequick said:
Hey Edo, where's that cd from Justin Bieber?

...wha?

What is the context of this?

Lakitu, I never listen to Q-Music, but it looks like it's time I'll try it again.
I usually swap between Radio 538, Veronica FM, and SkyRadio, to minimize the genres I don't like.

Love it when people blindly criticise all hip hop and R&B (although reggae is a new one), as if to say an entire umbrella term is somehow completely awful by virtue of simply being under that umbrella. I particularly hear this trainwreck of a thought process coming from A) people who know nothing about music, but feel they're just so completely knowledgeable and correct anyway; or B) people who are trying too hard to look edgy and alternative by hating styles of music that just happen to be massive cultural phenomenons.

seriously, stop it with the silly hatred of styles predominantly played by people of African descent. It's not making you look any cooler, and it carries with it more than a few racist undertones.

Crocodile Dippy said:
(although reggae is a new one)

yeah, why would you hate reggae :(

Steuben, don't start all of that Racism-bullshit all over again, it's bloody annoying!

MKGirlism said:
Steuben, don't start all of that Racism-bullshit all over again, it's bloody annoying!

1. Way to ignore Dippy's (superior) post.
2. Way to not actually give a valid response to mine, either.
3. Wait, I've accused you of racism before? Man, you must be really racist, I don't even remember that!

sure is hot in here

Nice Cage said:
3. Wait, I've accused you of racism before? Man, you must be really racist, I don't even remember that!
...I think you misworded that a bit.

And way to ignore the fact that I'm not racist, and continue on it.
If I don't like certain types of music doesn't make me racist, just deal with it, that I prefer other stuff than you do.

seriously guys, is this the "accuse other people of being racist" thread, or is this the "Justin Bieber Anne frank controversy" thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back