justin bieber anne frank controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Justin Bieber hopes Anne Frank "would have been a belieber" [News]

While it is stupid, I don't see what's wrong with hoping that an important historical figure would enjoy your music.

Panne said:
This stupid guy needs to die already.

I am so tired of him.

And double post, but don't you think this is a little sadistic?

Bowser45 said:
I'm going to kill JB.

Right now.

i'm saving this to see if you deliver

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Bowser45 said:
I'm going to kill JB.

Right now.

i'm saving this to see if you deliver
i'll strike him with epicness now and it'll kill him in the future eventually

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
While it is stupid, I don't see what's wrong with hoping that an important historical figure would enjoy your music.
It's a rather insensitive, rude, and arrogant thing to do, to walk through a museum about a girl who went into hiding for two years and was captured and killed right before liberation and then think about how the person would like your music

It takes no brains to be popular these days....sigh

Bowser45 said:
I'm going to kill JB.

Right now.

I mean really what the fuck did he say that for anyways?Bulltshit,what he said was absolute bullshit.
That seems a little excessive...

Baby Luigi said:
It takes no brains to be popular these days....sigh

If you want to get super technical, making such a statement is not actually that stupid. Stirring up controversity through offensive statements is a surefire way to generate lots of publicity, which ensures that his name stays relevant while this is flaring up. This means he will most likely ultimately profit from people like us losing our collective shit, and we are all just hapless pawns (with money) in the publicity chess match of high society.

Luckily though, nobody wants to get that technical, so it's entirely ok to call him a tasteless moron regardless, lol.

As they say, 'no such thing as bad publicity'

Time Turner said:
Bowser45 said:
I'm going to kill JB.

Right now.

I mean really what the fuck did he say that for anyways?Bulltshit,what he said was absolute bullshit.
That seems a little excessive...
I'm sorry,but what he said was extremely disrespectful.(and me saying i'm going to kill him was an exageration)

Lakituthequick said:

Stooby, noooo. Why had your name to be spoken in vain?? :'(

this is why i go on mariowiki

Charmander said:
Lakituthequick said:

Stooby, noooo. Why had your name to be spoken in vain?? :'(
But you didn't have to stoob so low.

I think it was incredibly rude and arrogant what he said, I mean, Anne Frank was a girl who was killed by Germans in the war for her religion and he has to comment on how she would like his shitty music.

Phantom L said:
I think it was incredibly rude and arrogant what he said, I mean, Anne Frank was a girl who was killed by Germans in the war for her religion and he has to comment on how she would like his shitty music.
This pretty much. That's kind of what I think when I hear people ask what the big deal is.

I don't think Bieber was being purposefully malicious... I think he was just being completely insensitive and this showed him to be very egocentric. Or maybe Edo and Garlic are right and he just did it for publicity. I don't know.

ed.

Either way, I've seen some of his fans like "oh my god the statement wasn't meant to be offensive stop being mean :'(". I don't think what Justin wrote was offensive, but I do think it was quite...arrogant, I guess? And a bit culturally insensitive.

how is this an issue?

^People are taking offense/becoming displeased with what Bieber said because of who Anne Frank was and because of the circumstances surrounding her death.

Mario4Ever said:
^People are taking offense/becoming displeased with what Bieber said because of who Anne Frank was and because of the circumstances surrounding her death.
Yeah see here's the thing what exactly did he say that's so bad...

Thread title.

Rock Knight said:
Mario4Ever said:
Yeah see here's the thing what exactly did he say that's so bad...

It was the fact that out of everything that happened, that would be the first thing he writes down, which is a very self-centered comment. I mean, he couldn't have written anything like the others wrote?

As many people have stated in this thread, it was very insensitive of him to do something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back