Pokemon Yellow randomly deleting my files

AirMario64

Starting MS-DOS...
I just replaced my Pokemon Yellow internal battery 2 days ago. It was working perfectly, and saving and all. I connected it to Pokemon Stadium 2 today though, and it said "Save file not found." So I powered off the console and stuck it in the GameBoy and it erased the data. My Red and Blue haven't lost any saved data from Stadium 2, so I think it's kind of strange. It also loses data often when I have it inserted in the Super GameBoy. Is this a known problem for Yellow? Should I worry about losing data in Red and Blue?

Perhaps that battery is dead too. Try replacing it one more time. If that fails to work, I'd buy a new copy of the game.

Remember, batteries aren't the only thing that could cause that.

Sunscreen said:
Perhaps that battery is dead too. Try replacing it one more time. If that fails to work, I'd buy a new copy of the game.
I tested the battery, and it came up at 2.8V, which is plenty to keep data. I hope it's not the game that's the problem. :(

Sunscreen said:
That's probably it. Even though the battery may have been replaced there's probably other malfunctioning parts. I have problems with most of my old Game Boy games: my SP can't even read the cartridges anymore, even though all my GBA games can run fine on it.

YoshiKong said:
Sunscreen said:
That's probably it. Even though the battery may have been replaced there's probably other malfunctioning parts. I have problems with most of my old Game Boy games: my SP can't even read the cartridges anymore, even though all my GBA games can run fine on it.
It could be that...But it works and saves perfectly when I'm playing it on GBA SP. But the only time it gives me problems is when I play it in the Super GameBoy, or N64. Then it says it can't find my data.

If the problem is on a specific system, then it's the system's fault.

Baby Luigi said:
If the problem is on a specific system, then it's the system's fault.
I was thinking that too. But it finds Red & Blue data just fine. That's why I think it's a problem with all the Yellow games...This isn't the first Yellow cartridge that's done this to me. :(

This is normal, it happened to my Pokémon Blue and Yellow Cartridges all the time, once per 2 or 3 weeks, even though I bought them in 1998, when Pokémon just released here.

I tried searching this online: all I got was stuff about Project 64 and emulation crap.

Back