2013 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament

Wow. I just woke up and was surprised.

HARVARD beat New Mexico. 68-62.
Syracuse beat Montana 81-34, (not surprised).
Colorado St. beat Missouri.
VCU beat Akron.
Louisville beat NC A&T (Geeee, that surprised me, not!).
Michigan beat South Dakota St.

I think Harvard shocked pretty much everybody. :P

Second day of the Round of 64:

MIDWEST:

#7 Creighton (27-7) vs. #10 Cincinnati (22-11); FINAL: 67-63
#2 Duke (27-5) vs. #15 Albany (24-10); FINAL: 73-61

WEST:

#5 Wisconsin (23-11) vs. #12 Ole Miss (26-8); FINAL: 57-46
#4 Kansas St. (27-7) vs. #13 La Salle (22-9); FINAL: 63-61
#7 Notre Dame (25-9) vs. #10 Iowa St. (22-11); FINAL: 76-58
#2 Ohio St. (26-7) vs. #15 Iona (20-13); FINAL: 95-70

SOUTH:

#1 Kansas (29-5) vs. #16 Western Kentucky (20-15); FINAL: 64-57
#8 North Carolina (24-10) vs. #9 Villanova (20-13); FINAL: 78-71
#6 UCLA (25-9) vs. #11 Minnesota (20-12); FINAL: 83-63
#3 Florida (26-7) vs. #14 Northwestern St. (23-8); FINAL: 79-47
#7 San Diego St. (22-10) vs. #10 Oklahoma (20-11); FINAL: 70-55
#2 Georgetown (25-6) vs. #15 Florida Gulf Coast (24-10); FINAL: 78-68

EAST:

#1 Indiana (27-6) vs. #16 James Madison (21-14); FINAL: 83-62
#8 NC State (24-10) vs. #9 Temple (23-9); FINAL: 76-72
#7 Illinois (22-12) vs. #10 Colorado (21-11); FINAL: 57-49
#2 Miami (FL) (27-6) vs. #15 Pacific (22-12); FINAL: 78-49

I have to admit, the #2 Georgetown/#15 FGCU match-up scares me. FGCU is a very good team and they actually beat Miami (FL) towards the beginning of the season.

EDIT: Duke beats Albany. Ole Miss stuns Wisconsin! (Goddammit, one of my final four teams :()

DOUBLE EDIT: Temple beats NC State in a thriller!

TRIPLE EDIT: Miami (FL) defeats Pacific. Indiana game starts in just a few minutes - let's go Hoosiers!

QUADRUPLE EDIT (come on somebody post already so i don't run out of names of edits): Creighton defeats Cincinnati in a thriller and La Salle upsets Kansas St. in a thriller!

FIFTH EDIT: Indiana defeats James Madison! Illinois and Colorado currently in a very good game.

SIXTH EDIT: Illinois wins! FGCU and Georgetown currently playing!

FIRST DAY OF THE ROUND OF 32:

MIDWEST:

#1 Louisville (30-5) vs. #8 Colorado St. (26-8); FINAL: 83-55
#4 Saint Louis (28-6) vs. #12 Oregon (27-8); FINAL: 74-57
#3 Michigan St. (26-8) vs. #6 Memphis (31-4); FINAL: 70-48

WEST:

#1 Gonzaga (32-2) vs. #9 Wichita St. (27-8); FINAL: 76-70
#6 Arizona (26-7) vs. #14 Harvard (20-9); FINAL: 74-51

SOUTH:

#4 Michigan (27-7) vs. #5 VCU (27-8); FINAL: 78-53

EAST:

#4 Syracuse (27-9) vs. #12 California (21-11); FINAL: 66-60
#3 Marquette (24-8) vs. #6 Butler (27-8); FINAL: 74-72

EDIT: Michigan absolutely dominates VCU! Down goes my second final four team.

SECOND EDIT: Michigan St. defeats Memphis! Louisville and Colorado St. currently playing!

#1 GONZAGA HAS BEEN KNOCKED OFF!

The Zags have been upset by #9 Wichita State! Final score is 76-70!

Ralph said:
And of course, fuck Duke! Let's go, not Duke!

Really hoping Doug McDermott and the Creighton Bluejays can take them down. If not, then I have a feeling they'll lose to the Spartans. Tom Izzo's too good to let that opportunity pass. And to top that off, even if Duke wins, they still have either a very good Louisville team or a very good Oregon team. They'll be lucky to make the final four, or even the elite eight.

SECOND DAY OF THE ROUND OF 32:

MIDWEST:

#2 Duke (28-5) vs. #7 Creighton (28-7); FINAL: 66-50

WEST:

#12 Ole Miss (27-8) vs. #13 La Salle (23-9); FINAL: 76-74
#2 Ohio St. (27-7) vs. #10 Iowa St. (23-11); FINAL: 78-75

SOUTH:

#1 Kansas (30-5) vs. #8 North Carolina (25-10); FINAL: 70-58
#3 Florida (27-7) vs. #11 Minnesota (21-12); FINAL: 78-64
#7 San Diego St. (23-10) vs. #15 Florida Gulf Coast (25-10); FINAL: 81-71

EAST:

#1 Indiana (28-6) vs. #9 Temple (24-9); FINAL: 58-52
#2 Miami (FL) (28-6) vs. #7 Illinois (23-12); FINAL: 63-59

EDIT: Indiana survives a huge scare from Temple! Indiana will play Syracuse in the Sweet Sixteen! LET'S GO HOOSIERS! #1 Kansas and #8 North Carolina coming up!

New Super Mario said:
Ralph said:
Well that's $5 I'll never get back.

I lost $20! And a chance to get $200.
Dude my bracket host lets me fill it out free and you have a chance to win $10,000.

Also, I'm really hoping FGCU can win, not only because I like them, but because my teacher is doing a special event around the tournament, and basically you draw for random teams, and my teams are NC State (yeaaaa, they lost) and FGCU.

Spike said:
New Super Mario said:
Ralph said:
Well that's $5 I'll never get back.

I lost $20! And a chance to get $200.
Dude my bracket host lets me fill it out free and you have a chance to win $10,000.

Also, I'm really hoping FGCU can win, not only because I like them, but because my teacher is doing a special event around the tournament, and basically you draw for random teams, and my teams are NC State (yeaaaa, they lost) and FGCU.
Well mine's with my family, and everyone has to put in 20 dollars. The winner gets 200 and second place gets 100.

So, I don't think I'll win. Hopefully my mom wins though or something and maybe I won't have to pay her.

#2 Ohio State defeats #10 Iowa State on a near buzzer beater!

#1 Indiana/#9 Temple coming up soon at 3:06 EST!

LET'S GO HOOSIERS!

Florida Gulf Coast is real. They become the first #15 seed to ever reach the sweet sixteen. They do this by absolutely DOMINATING #7 San Diego State. Final score is 81-71!

The Cinderellas will play #3 Florida in the Sweet Sixteen. They have a legitimate chance to reach the Elite Eight and potentially the Final Four. LET'S GO EAGLES!

Just checked my fantasy bracket.

So much red, I'm surprised I'm actually winning my league. (Granted, I was on the bottom like, two days ago.)

And so the round of 32 concludes! The Sweet Sixteen will begin on the Thursday the 28th.

Tharja said:
Just checked my fantasy bracket.

So much red, I'm surprised I'm actually winning my league. (Granted, I was on the bottom like, two days ago.)

Trust me, I know what you mean @_@ My West region bracket was completely screwed over... none of the teams I picked for the Sweet Sixteen made it in that region (Gonzaga, Wisconsin, New Mexico, and Iowa State). Barely had any in the South (had Kansas, VCU, Minnesota, and Georgetown; only Kansas has made it) and the East (Indiana, California, Bucknell, and Miami; only Indiana and Miami made it).

I'm pretty good with the Midwest region though... I had Louisville, Saint Louis, Duke, and Michigan St. making it to the sweet sixteen, which 3 of the 4 have done. Damn Billikens couldn't beat the Ducks. :(

Thought this was notable:

So far, two coaches in this years tournament have been fired.

Ben Howland, head coach at UCLA, was fired yesterday after being dominated by the Minnesota Gophers in the round of 64 by 20 points.

Second coach was actually Tubby Smith, the head coach at Minnesota, who lost in the round of 32 to Florida.

Let the constant lists of Shaka Smart being the #1 pick begin!

Miami C Reggie Johnson sustained a lower extremity injury Sunday against Illinois, and did not travel with the team for the regional semifinal.

Spike said:
Miami C Reggie Johnson sustained a lower extremity injury Sunday against Illinois, and did not travel with the team for the regional semifinal.

This could be troublesome for Miami. I believe an injury against Johnson was the reason why they either lost the Florida Gulf Coast game or the Indiana St. game... I don't remember which one.

If it is Florida Gulf Coast, I don't think it's too terrible, especially given what FGCU has done. Indiana St. however... that would be pretty bad. Either way, still a big loss for Miami and will definitely cause problems.

(I believe Johnson was one game, and Durand Scott was the other)

The Sweet Sixteen begins in four hours!

Four of eight games are tonight:

WEST:

#2 Ohio St. (28-7) vs. #6 Arizona (27-7); 7:47 PM EST on TBS
#9 Wichita St. (28-8) vs. #13 La Salle (24-9); 10:17 PM EST on TBS

EAST:

#2 Miami (FL) (29-6) vs. #3 Marquette (25-8); 7:15 PM EST on CBS
#1 Indiana (29-6) vs. #4 Syracuse (28-9); 9:45 PM EST on CBS

And so the second #1 falls.

The Indiana Hoosiers have fallen to #4 Syracuse 61-50. They will play #3 Marquette, who dominated #2 Miami (FL) by ten points today.

#2 Ohio State also defeats #6 Arizona in another near buzzer beater. The Buckeyes will more than likely play #9 Wichita State, who are steamrolling over #13 La Salle right now.

My final four is ruined :'(

Dont think there is a topic for this, so i'll post it here.

Colorado College didnt make it into NCAA Hockey's final 16. I was really disappointed.

Nowi said:
Dont think there is a topic for this, so i'll post it here.

Colorado College didnt make it into NCAA Hockey's final 16. I was really disappointed.

:'( sorry brock, who did make it though?

So I've been bad with updating this. The second round of the Sweet Sixteen ended and the first round of the Elite Eight is done.

So yesterday's games!

In the East Region, #4 Syracuse has punched the first ticket into the Final Four with an absolute beating over #3 Marquette - 55-39 - Marquette's 39 ties with the lowest Elite Eight score ever (San Fransisco in '72 was the last time). #4 Syracuse will play the winner of #3 Florida/#4 Michigan.

In the West Region, #9 Wichita St. has become the second ever #9 seed to punch a ticket into the Final Four with a thriller against #2 Ohio St. Despite leading early in the second half by 20+, Ohio St. made a huge comeback and nearly defeated the Shockers, but it wasn't enough. Wichita St. defeats Ohio St. 70-66. #9 Wichita St. will play the winner of #1 Louisville/#2 Duke.

And now today's games!

In the South Region, #4 Michigan, who defeated #1 Kansas a few days ago in an absolute crazy game sparked by a buzzer-tying 3-pointer at the end of regulation by Trey Burke, will play #3 Florida, who despite troubles early on in the game, picked up the tempo and ended #15 Florida Gulf Coast's historic run in the Sweet Sixteen. The game is set to start at 2:20 PM EST.

In the Midwest Region, the overall #1 seed Louisville, who defeated a very underrated and competitive Oregon team, will take on Coach K and the #2 Duke Blue Devils, who defeated, arguably, one of the best coaches currently in college basketball (Tom Izzo) and the #3 Michigan St. Spartans by double digits. The game is set to start at 5:05 PM EST.

Back