Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I believe that some of our major, large articles in this wiki should be at least semi-protected. Why? Because of their populatiry, these pages are very susceptible to vandalism and other misedits. Just like we semi-protect pages of games that are currently in development (and remain this way, even after they are released), I think the same should apply to major articles such as Mario (series) or Luigi.

Mario, Bowser, Peach, and Daisy are currently protected with a semi-protection, why not these other major articles?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Feel free to add to the list, BTW.

I initially didn't have m ch of an opinion on this matter, but I now agree with extending the protection to all recurring characters because http://www.mariowiki.com/index.php?title=Waluigi&diff=prev&oldid=1420575

At first I worried that semi-protecting all the big, popular pages might discourage new users, but on the other hand, it could motivate anons to go ahead and get accounts, so sure, I agree to spreading it around a bit more.

Should Featured Articles get semi-protection too?

I must say, anyone can now go to the Luigi page and vandalise so yes I have to agree.
Baby Luigi said:
Should Featured Articles get semi-protection too?
Only the one on the main page.

Since it's been a few days and there's unanimous support, I went ahead and semi-protected all the pages listed in the first post as well as the other three major series pages (DK, Wario and Yoshi). However I didn't protect the sub-series like "Mario Party (series)" and whatnot - I'm not 100% sure if those pages warrant semi-protection too, but I dunno, maybe others disagree.

Thank you very much! Those pages were asking for semi-protection anyway.

Walkazo said:
[...]However I didn't protect the sub-series like "Mario Party (series)" and whatnot - I'm not 100% sure if those pages warrant semi-protection too, but I dunno, maybe others disagree.
Agreed that those pages should be left as-is. Compared to the more major articles, those pages aren't as high traffic.

What I do know is that in the case of the Peach and Daisy article, they're currently semi-protected because as the article editing history states, they were victims of vandalisim multiple times a few years back (even WITH the anonymous login feature turned off). But yeah, I would agree that the Mario article page should get semi-protection at least, along with the Luigi article.

Too late, they're already protected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back