they're getting rid of the law that ensures minorities can vote

Bulbasaur said:
youre not even going to argue with being called a neoliberal??? come on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoliberal said:
Neoliberalism is a political philosophy whose advocates support economic liberalization, free trade and open markets, privatization, deregulation, and decreasing the size of the public sector while increasing the role of the private sector in modern society.

if someone called me a neoliberal i would be insulted
wait what

i thought that was classical liberal >_>

scarecrow is the liberal that's like "let's have more government"

what would be the right word for that

scarecrow wants more government?

are you sure? Scarecrow's always been the kind of guy who would dress up as a vigilante, go over to senator's houses, and literally scare them to death.

Dr. Javelin said:
wait what

i thought that was classical liberal >_>

scarecrow is the liberal that's like "let's have more government"

what would be the right word for that

i think what youre thinking of is social liberalism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_liberalism said:
Social liberalism is the belief that liberalism should include a social foundation, implicitly on a collective, governmental basis.[citation needed] It differs from classical liberalism in that it believes the legitimate role of the government includes addressing economic and social issues such as health care and education while simultaneously endorsing a market economy and expanding civil and political rights and liberties.[citation needed] Under social liberalism, the good of the community is viewed as harmonious with the freedom of the individual.[1] Social liberal policies have been widely adopted in much of the capitalist world, particularly following World War II.[2] Social liberal ideas and parties tend to be considered centrist or centre-left.[3][4][5][6][7]

but you'd probably be better off asking scarecrow what he is

I'm quite late, but:

I think the government should be expanded in terms of protecting people and shrunk in terms of restricting people's freedoms. Like, I'm for Obamacare, but against SOPA and all that bullshit. Of course, it's not that simple in practice, and I know that, but that's the general gist of it.

Back