Newcomers

Which of these Mario character would you want to be playable in the new SSB. game?

• Bowser Jr.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toad

• Waluigi

• Daisy

• Birdo

• Rosalina

• Paper Mario

• Baby Mario and Baby Luigi (paired together)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
supermariofan said:
Anser said:
I don't get why people say that Daisy and Waluigi can't appear due to being spin-off characters. Spin-off games are still part of Nintendo and those games make them automatic Nintendo stars, and that's the main requirement characters have to meet to be playable in the Smash Bros. series. Daisy and Waluigi are in no way minor characters in spin-offs.
Actually people don't want Daisy in because she would pretty much play like Peach
Why do so many people think that Daisy would be a Peach clone? The only thing Peach and Daisy shares in common is that they're both princesses.
Daisy is known to be a tomboy and is more athletic than Peach. So for example instead of slapping people like Peach does, she would kick and punsh them. And Daisy's abilities are often based on flowers and such, while Peach's abilities are often based on hearts and love... :daisy: :peach:

Speaking of Daisy, I think Daisy has a slightly better chance at getting in over Waluigi, due to the simple reason that Daisy has been in a main platformaer game (Super Mario Land).

Anser said:
Poppy Bro Sr. said:
They are prominent in Mario Kart, Mario Sports, and Mario Party, so they should be representatives of one of those series.

Yes, and those series are part of the Mario series, so they should get the Mushroom icon as well.
I was thinking a tennis racket or dice block.

I would rather see other characters other than Mario join SSB first, but if I had to choose it would be Waluigi, simply because WAAAAAAAAH.

Poppy Bro Sr. said:
Anser said:
Poppy Bro Sr. said:
They are prominent in Mario Kart, Mario Sports, and Mario Party, so they should be representatives of one of those series.

Yes, and those series are part of the Mario series, so they should get the Mushroom icon as well.
I was thinking a tennis racket or dice block.

The Mario Tennis and Mario Party series are derived from the Mario series overall. It doesn't make sense to have Mario, which is the main icon, to have the Mushroom and Daisy or Waluigi having a tennis racket or a dice block. The mentioned series aren't stand-alones, but part of a specific franchise.

To me, the mushroom symbolizes the Super Mario part of the Mario franchise. That's why the only characters who have it are the characters in that series. The other Mario characters have different symbols to represent their spinoffs. Same goes for Daisy and Waluigi. Their symbol should either be a tennis racket or a dice block, since the first time they had major roles were Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Party 3 (not counting Super Mario Land because was basically a Peach clone in that game).

If Daisy appears I see her with Mushroom emblem or her Flower emblem, it would make no sense she had a tennis racket or dice block.

Cirdec said:
If Daisy appears I see her with Mushroom emblem or her Flower emblem, it would make no sense she had a tennis racket or dice block.

Exactly. It just makes no sense, although the flower doesn't make much sense either, since Mario doesn't get an 'M', Luigi doesn't get an 'L', Peach doesn't get a crown, Bowser doesn't get his face, etc. I think the Mushroom fits her well since she would represent the Mario series overall, not just the Mario Tennis series or Mario Party series. If the games were called Daisy Tennis or Daisy Party and she were the main character, then it would be another story.

switch bowser with Bowser Jr.

keep toad under peach's dress as a meat shield

Waluigi is fine for an assist trophy

Daisy is already available as a reskin for peach

Birdo only makes a good prop

Idk anything about Rosalina, does she even do anything?

Paper Mario is just a less flexible version of 3d mario, so no

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi (paired together).. o.o nah.

I'd prefer goombella or bow(or king boo) as new character

(honestly, I'd prefer nintendo to stop putting additional mario characters in it.. there's ENOUGH)

Ghostony said:
switch bowser with Bowser Jr.

absolutely not. while I want Bowser Jr. it's pretty stupid to remove Bowser in favor of Junior.

BowserJunior said:
and put the baby bros. under Yoshi to replace the ice climbers.

I'd hate this too. I don't really want to see the Baby Bros. at all, much less replacing characters that have been in the last two games.

Bubble Man said:
4 isn't enough. I put 6 in my roster.

I only added one in mine. Five is a good limit, in my opinion.

Ghostony said:
Idk anything about Rosalina, does she even do anything?

She has almost shown more abilities than Peach herself. She's some sort of a sorceress with magic powers.

I think Rosalina could be a nice assist. She could swing around with her wand and make it rain star bits or something...

Sorry for deleting the results, I dont know what I was doing... The results were something like this:
Bowser Jr: 7 votes
Toad: 3 votes
Waluigi: 5 votes
Daisy: 4 votes
Birdo: 2 votes
Rosalina: 3 votes
Paper Mario: 2 votes
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi: 4 votes

Back