Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whose side are you on?

• Total voters
https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/830227589897678848

kinda freaking out a bit rn

while i don't think the trailer is better than the past ones, im really like what im seeing here, especially visually

im very, very excited for this

Fair warning: it shows off quite a lot of important stuff but it looks great. Amazing, spectacular, if you will.

the thing is, I'm resisting myself from watching it because spoilers = poison

but I know the next movie I'll see in a theater is going to show the trailer anyway, so it's pretty much inevitable sadly

saw this trailer silently and loved it. listened with audio and it was alright. ill trust taika waititi though, the guy knows his shit

i absolutely adore the show of goldblum and loki sitting at opposite ends of the bench, might be one of my favorite shots in the cinematic universe tbh. lots of great costume design and gives me a very last supper vibe

i have no idea why the colors look so... dry, though

i got a huge guardians of the galaxy vibe from the trailer

which is good

best thor film already

kinda got mixed feelings for the gotg vibe

blanchett as hela looks hela cool, hope they dont waste her by making her some lame one-off villain like malekith or something

James Gunn and Marvel have officially announced the soundtrack for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and safe to say, it kicks ASS.

Including the tracklist in spoilers in case people want to stay unspoiled, but here's the article from Rolling Stone.

1. "Mr. Blue Sky", by Electric Light Orchestra
2. "Fox on the Run", by Sweet
3. "Lake Shore Drive", by Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
4. "The Chain", by Fleetwood Mac
5. "Bring it On Home to Me", by Sam Cooke
6. "Southern Nights", by Glen Campbell
7. "My Sweet Lord", by George Harrison
8. "Brandy You're a Fine Girl", by Looking Class
9. "Come a Little Bit Closer", by Jay and the Americans
10. "Wham Bang Shang-A-Lang", by Silver
11. "Surrender", by Cheap Trick
12. "Father and Son", by Cat Stevens
13. "Flashlight", by Parliament
14. "Guardians Inferno", by The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff

I am so so so SO excited right now. I'm so happy about ELO being used. My all-time favorite band.

And yes, that is legitimately the Hoff.

Was that Shuma Gorath at the start?

When I saw Ego reassembling his body for the final battle, I was expecting Quill to at some point hit him below the belt and say something like "bet you wish you didn't add that part now"

saw this movie on monday

had a massive post all written out but then my browser reloaded and i lost everything and got pissed off so i'll just write out the cliffnotes version

First things first, I loved the new interactions between all of the Guardians with each other. Didn't care much for the Drax x Mantis story line but they averted it very well with them finding each other repulsive, and even showed a heartwarming scene between the two where Mantis feels his pain and begins to cry, while he is simply sat there with a content look on his face, implying that he now lives with the pain and is dealing with it

Did not expect Ego to be the main villain, but he made a good villain imo

Loved the way they brought Kraglin to the spotlight in this one, he's definitely got something about him which deserved to be shown, and I'm glad he's now pretty much part of the guardians in this one

Good humour, I feel like at points the humour was stretched out a lot and needed to be dampened, but I ain't complaining

I think they pretty much confirmed the fan theory that Stan Lee is one of the Watchers, which is wonderful

This movie somehow brings the relationship between Peter and Yondu from pretty much nothing to true father and son level in the space of thirty minutes which was beautiful

I'm not even going to beat around the bush with this one: Yondu's death really fucked me up. I can't see or think about anything related to Guardians of the Galaxy without feeling really upset about Yondu. Definitely the saddest death in the MCUso far

I like how this film wasn't just a generic shoot 'em up sci-fi film, it actually drew more on the whole family issue, with the father-son triangle of Yondu-Quill-Ego, the sisterly relationship between Gamora and Nebula, and the brotherly frat-boys relationship between Rocket, Drax and,
to an extent, Groot.

liked seeing Groot finally growing up, even though he was adorable, i miss the bigger Groot. Maybe they'll find a way to incorporate both baby and adult Groot in the future, after all there's pretty much a thousand other Groot sticks on Xandar

Speaking of Groot, I feel madly in love with Gamora after she stops in the middle of battle, smiles at Groot and simply says "Hi!", it just made me squee and now I just love her so much and I want to marry her

jeff goldblum in the credits dancing, that's all i needed in my life

not sure i can think of anything else to say right now

Am I the only one who was getting Cancerverse vibes from this movie? The Sovereign took a lot of cues from the Universal Church of Truth, and the monster at the beginning looked like it could've been taken straight out of a panel from the Thanos Imperative.

Saw the film. Was a ton of fun. Everything from the first film, the comedy, action, and emotion were all expanded upon. A fine addition to the MCU. Loved seeing all the character interactions and developments, especially regarding Nebula and Yondu.

My boy Yondu goes out like a fucking champ. Was probably my favorite character of the film. Really sad to see him go. His send off scene was wonderful.

Really liked Kurt Russel as Ego. He was effective villain and the scene where Peter turns on him was excellent.

Also, I was the only one in my theater who reacted to the Adam Warlock teaser. Too bad.

Back