Your current mood.

i have an idea.

feeling pissed off because i cut my hand while trying to cut an apple into pieces. dtrangely, im hating the apple more than the knife.

Fucking apples man, they're out to get you.

its the apples' conspiracy to kill me... taking revenge because i eat them... they are going to make me cut open my own hand... the apples are everywhere. they can only move when you're not looking at them. they are fast. incredibly fast.

Xanthium said:
i have an idea.

feeling pissed off because i cut my hand while trying to cut an apple into pieces. dtrangely, im hating the apple more than the knife.
You take it back, you can't stay mad at knives.

Dr. Javelin said:
Xanthium said:
i have an idea.

knives suck

usually im in a good mood and happy and pumped but then reading your guys' replies makes me feel sorrow

but im cheerful atm

Zae Eildus said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Xanthium said:
i have an idea.

knives suck
i was actually quoting jack noir, who at one point tried to diss knives and then discovered that he couldn't because he loves them so much. hence the quote

jack noir is best in homestuck when he runs around and just stabs people

Dr. Javelin said:
Zae Eildus said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Xanthium said:
i have an idea.

knives suck
i was actually quoting jack noir, who at one point tried to diss knives and then discovered that he couldn't because he loves them so much. hence the quote

jack noir is best in homestuck when he runs around and just stabs people

gotta love how serious you get when i say [something] sucks

and you know its a joke

i don't really get how you running around and randomly saying "___ sucks" is supposed to be a joke

like, add something to help convey the message that you're joking

Dr. Javelin said:
i don't really get how you running around and randomly saying "___ sucks" is supposed to be a joke

like, add something to help convey the message that you're joking

people usually give reasons when they say something sucks

sounds like joking to me

i dont feel the need to do that

thats just as bad as imo flag

Zae Eildus said:

imo flag's exist because intentions and emotions are skewed through text. They're not bad, they're useful for making sure people don't stick a knife up your ass for not liking something they like. So typing a smiley, having /s or writing IMO somewhere in your post isn't bad... ever.

IMO
:dk:

Zae Eildus said:

if people misunderstand you because you didn't feel the need to communicate better, then whatever problems arise are solely your fault

Crackin355 said:
Zae Eildus said:

imo flag's exist because intentions and emotions are skewed through text. They're not bad, they're useful for making sure people don't stick a knife up your ass for not liking something they like. So typing a smiley, having /s or writing IMO somewhere in your post isn't bad... ever.

IMO
:dk:

yeah but people rely on imo so damn much its annoying

like if you dont include it people go apeshit and start saying to stop shouting your opinion like its a fact

hell this has been done everywhere, even here

if people misunderstand you because you didn't feel the need to communicate better, then whatever problems arise are solely your fault

all they need to do is look at a message and think

not my fault they get butthurt over something so simple

Zae Eildus said:

like if you dont include it people go apeshit and start saying to stop shouting your opinion like its a fact

So basically... exactly what I just said, it's used so people don't stick a knife up your ass for liking something you don't like. It's just used to stop any stupid arguments rising from misinterpretation. If someone uses it to defend their opinion and has nothing to back up their claims, then it is being used wrong; but that is the person knowing they are unjustified and trying to hide behind it.

Zae Eildus said:

Crackin355 said:
intentions and emotions are skewed through text.
Looking at your message and thinking will not always work, people can and will misinterpret something if you're not clear enough with what you're saying. This applies to text and IRL btw, if you're not clear with what you mean, people will misunderstand.

Crackin355 said:
Zae Eildus said:

So basically... exactly what I just said, it's used so people don't stick a knife up your ass for liking something you don't like. It's just used to stop any stupid arguments rising from misinterpretation. If someone uses it to defend their opinion and has nothing to back up their claims, then it is being used wrong; but that is the person knowing they are unjustified and trying to hide behind it.

Zae Eildus said:

Crackin355 said:
intentions and emotions are skewed through text.
Looking at your message and thinking will not always work, people can and will misinterpret something if you're not clear enough with what you're saying. This applies to text and IRL btw, if you're not clear with what you mean, people will misunderstand.

so if im understanding this right i have to change every single living joke and opinion of mine just for the benefit of someone else?

sounds like crap.

You're not understanding it right then. You gave a shitty joke and then said Javelin was being too serious. If you added something to make the joke actually look like a joke, then Javelin would be being too serious.

If the joke isn't bad or you are able to explain things properly when stating an opinion than an IMO flag or sarcasm indicator doesn't need to be there to get the point across.

If I randomly told you that you suck, looking at it from an outsiders perspective, or your perspective, the joke sucks. Add a winky face, /s or something similar and it turns into an obviously harmless joke, that still sucks but there's no way you can take it the wrong way.

tl;dr - I'm not saying you have to change, just stop and figure out whether the other side will actually understand what you're saying before you say it thus avoiding this kind of shit. Also IMO flags aren't bad, you just don't like them.

Crackin355 said:
You're not understanding it right then. You gave a shitty joke and then said Javelin was being too serious. If you added something to make the joke actually look like a joke, then Javelin would be being too serious.

If the joke isn't bad or you are able to explain things properly when stating an opinion than an IMO flag or sarcasm indicator doesn't need to be there to get the point across.

If I randomly told you that you suck, looking at it from an outsiders perspective, or your perspective, the joke sucks. Add a winky face, /s or something similar and it turns into an obviously harmless joke, that still sucks but there's no way you can take it the wrong way.

tl;dr - I'm not saying you have to change, just stop and figure out whether the other side will actually understand what you're saying before you say it thus avoiding this kind of shit. Also IMO flags aren't bad, you just don't like them.

oh okay, your tl;dr is actually more useful then the rest of your post.

Although i do agree with the last bit, i really do hate imo flags.

also this was a very fun discussion, thanks. :]

Zae Eildus said:
so if im understanding this right i have to change every single living joke and opinion of mine just for the benefit of someone else?

sounds like crap.
oh please no

not the slippery slope fallacy

as for the rest of this, i agree 100% with crackin

I come in here to scream "I'M SLEEPY" to see Zae and Javelin in another debate about something that's already been debated about--Zae barreling into topics to say something sucks and then getting buttmad when he gets confronted about it. This forum could literally be replicated with mindloop bots. While it appears the debate is over, I'm shoving my two cents in here again and saying hey zae since no one has found your "____ sucks" joke funny ever or really ever even seen it as a joke without you telling them upon reaction that it's a joke (as far as I've seen) that maybe you should find a different joke to tell.

Anyways I'M SLEEPY

Morty said:
I come in here to scream "I'M SLEEPY" to see Zae and Javelin in another debate about something that's already been debated about--Zae barreling into topics to say something sucks and then getting buttmad when he gets confronted about it. This forum could literally be replicated with mindloop bots. While it appears the debate is over, I'm shoving my two cents in here again and saying hey zae since no one has found your "____ sucks" joke funny ever or really ever even seen it as a joke without you telling them upon reaction that it's a joke (as far as I've seen) that maybe you should find a different joke to tell.

Anyways I'M SLEEPY

well i wasnt really mad to be honest, if thats what you're thinking.

It was just a friendly discussion on how wrong i was, it was pretty fun actually, maybe i should debate more often.

Back