How many school periods do you have each day?

How many school periods do you have each day?

• 5 or less

Votes: 13 31.7%

Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 7 17.1%

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • 9 or more

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

MCS

Donkey Kong
Because I'm interested to see how many periods other schools have.

Anyways, I have 8 periods, including lunch, which is counted as its own period at my school.

Monday and Wednesday I go from 8 to 11, and then return from 4 to 5; that's 4 hour-long periods there. Tuesday and Thursday I go from 8:30 to 2:30 and from 4 to 5:30; that's 5 90-minute periods, and those days are incredibly tiring. And on Fridays I go from 8 to 11, 3 periods.

LN1 said:
Not counting recess and lunch, 8.

Your school has recess?

Ə said:
5. Block scheduling sucks.

How's that work?

Hobbes said:
Monday and Wednesday I go from 8 to 11, and then return from 4 to 5; that's 4 hour-long periods there. Tuesday and Thursday I go from 8:30 to 2:30 and from 4 to 5:30; that's 5 90-minute periods, and those days are incredibly tiring. And on Fridays I go from 8 to 11, 3 periods.

Damn, I would hate that. My periods are 50 minutes each.

Not counting lunch, technically, five. Unfortunately, they decided freshman year is the best year to give them four classes in three or two periods, depending on which day.

3 on monday, wednesday, friday
one on tuesday and Thursday

Back when I had periods, I had 4 a day, not including lunch and passing periods. I think they were 2 hours each, or maybe 2 hours and 30 minutes. It was a long time ago.

Now, I dont have periods, I just have class hours. Depending on the number of classes I have scheduled for particular days, I have between 2 and 4 classes in any given day, not including lab hours and discussion sections.

I always have Fridays off because our school district is poor :yoshi:

Ə said:
MCS said:
Ə said:
5. Block scheduling sucks.

How's that work?

5 classes, 78 minutes each.

Sweet mother hubbard.

Guiliant said:

I always have Fridays off because our school district is poor :yoshi:

I ENVY YOU

Ghirahim said:
8. (Along with Homeroom and Lunch)

Next year only have 7.

You have homeroom daily? Interesting. I had it daily in 6th and 7th grade, but in 8th grade they changed it so you only visit homeroom on report card days. That's how it is for my high school, too, except on select Wednesdays, kids who don't have clubs go to their homeroom for about a half hour.

I have 4 blocks of 80 mins each, plus a 7-min homeroom at the beginning of every day and about 40 mins of lunch/free time in the middle of the day.

7, including band and homeroom and not counting lunch.

This was before I went back to homeschooling.

I have 4 periods each day (not counting lunch and recesses), but it's on a 9 day schedule. Each class is 1 hour 15 mins (or 75 mins lol). So I have 36 periods in my schedule cycle (then again every student does lol).

6 periods of French, Math, English and Science.
4 periods of History and Gym.
2 periods of Art and Computers.

So yeah, my school's schedules are kinda wild.

Also, I start school at 9:45, and end 4:30. However, I have to get up at 7:45 and leave for my bus stop at around 8:30. And I get home at 5 PM... I need my gaming time so I barely have time to do homework. XP

Non-period system, college. ):
Usually just use my laptop in between courses or have a conversation at the Freudian Sip (the coffee shop on my campus).

Back