Who among us actually read articles in the Super Mario Wiki?

Do you actually read the articles at the Super Mario Wiki?

• No, I only read them so I can fix mistakes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rarely; although every once and a while I do read an article for fun/info.

• Sometimes, I like both editing and reading for fun/info.

• All the time. In fact, I read a whole lot more than I edit.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Son_of_Suns

Cheep Cheep
Retired Wiki Staff
This question was posted on the Main Page talk page before, but I think the topic deserves a conversation at the forum. The question is, do you actually read the articles at the wiki? Not reading for mistakes to edit, but actually reading because you wanted to learn about the Marioverse. If so, why do you do so? Or do all of us just like to edit without ever reading the wiki for info or enjoyment?

Read more than I edit! :lol: Doesn't anybody else do that?

All the time. In fact, I read a whole lot more than I edit.

Thats how much i USED to edit. Big time.

After I went on an item rampage the other night, I sat back a reread a few of the older articles on coins. I hadn't looked through them since we first made them.

Since I've joined, I've done perhaps 80% or more reading, compared to editing. xD
As a Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door FANATIC I just had to see where every odd character came from, understand the entire story of PM:TTYD as well as all the stuff I never knew. ;P My personal favourite info: Grubba's a clubba who's "king" is Tubba Blubba who looks like Macho Grubba. xD It's so fun to say. =3

Well, you can just skim and find those nagging grammar problems that really stand out.

Well, they stand out to me at least. :?

I edit a lot, but I read a lot too. I contribute, but also take in and appreciate the contributions. The wiki exists for the sole purpose of reading and gaining knowledge, and I've learned a lot from it.

ChrisAlassal said:
I edit a lot, but I read a lot too. I contribute, but also take in and appreciate the contributions. The wiki exists for the sole purpose of reading and gaining knowledge, and I've learned a lot from it.

QFT.

It's a nice community. It just gives a sense of pride to contribute to this Wiki.

Hey, it's got more general knowledge on Mario than any other website I know.

A little of both, actually. Mostly, I tend to edit... but if I have lots of free time I usually read a lot.

I read, scan for typos then edit :P

Back