Explain the Star Cursor(s)

Booster

Cheep Cheep
Retired Wiki Staff
Who's controlling it? It can't be a Luma, since you have control over the Star Cursor at the Star Festival before you meet them in the Gateway Galaxy. Do Mario and Luigi have psychic powers? Is the player breaking the fourth wall? What about the second Star Cursor?

Booster said:
Who's controlling it? It can't be a Luma, since you have control over the Star Cursor at the Star Festival before you meet them in the Gateway Galaxy. Do Mario and Luigi have psychic powers? Is the player breaking the fourth wall? What about the second Star Cursor?
According to the introduction manual of Yoshi's Island, Mario and Luigi have some sort of telepathic link that lets one know where the other is and vice versa. However, I doubt this has anything to do with the star cursor.

I doubt I'm gonna get anyone to agree with me, but I thought it was Rosalina watching over Mario/Luigi and helping out. The second would then be the Black Luma, or Rosalina's other hand.

SmashBrother said:
I doubt I'm gonna get anyone to agree with me, but I thought it was Rosalina watching over Mario/Luigi and helping out. The second would then be the Black Luma, or Rosalina's other hand.
Hm, pood goint.

I'm asking since it might be considered a form of breaking the fourth wall if it's the player themselves, which would be worth noting.

SmashBrother said:

Makes sense to me. The star cursor does look a bit like Rosalina's wand.

Mario could have always gained the ability between games, I suppose.

Back