This thread where you admit you dislike games most people on the forum like.

This is completely different from the thread about admitting you like a game that most people dislike. Also, I believe there isn't a thread like this and I did a search, but if there is delete this one. If it does not belong in this board, please move it.

I will admit that I hate Ocarina of Time. I highly disagree that it is one of the best Zelda games. I believe that it was a new beginning to things we would later see in Zelda games, but I didn't think it was something to rave about. It was just finish-the-main-quest-and-then-you're-done. Heck, it felt like once you finished a temple you were able to enter the next one in like 3 seconds. It is a decent game, but very overrated.

Don't necessarily dislike them, but I don't think Majora's Mask or Metroid Prime are all that special.

I do dislike Super Mario Bros. 3, though.

I don't really like Super Mario 64 that much. Sure, it was revolutionary, but a lot of the stars are really tedious and I never know where I'm supposed to find it, so I end up just wandering around getting nothing accomplished. Also, whose idea was it to make a 100 coin star?

Purple Yoshi said:
I don't really like Super Mario 64 that much. Sure, it was revolutionary, but a lot of the stars are really tedious and I never know where I'm supposed to find it, so I end up just wandering around getting nothing accomplished. Also, whose idea was it to make a 100 coin star?
My woman

I dislike Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64, the Civilization series, and most WRPGs.

Purple Yoshi said:

To make collecting coins useful

Super mario galaxy, mario kart series, animal crossing, and pikman.

Probably Earthbound/mother 2 too.

Samus Aran said:

WHAT?!?!?! Nobody dislike those #1 greatest game in the world

So he can't have a different opinion...?

Oh yeah, and I don't like the Mega Man series that much.

Ness said:
Samus Aran said:

WHAT?!?!?! Nobody dislike those #1 greatest game in the world

i lol'd.

It's not that great, story sucks, slow, easy as crap, and battle system is pretty lacking.

Only good things about the game is the final boss, music, and some of the writing.

While mother 3 didn't have a greater battle system(even though music beat timed hits was interesting), it passed it in every possible way.

So he can't have a different opinion...?

some people are just too butthurt to admit people can dislike a game.

Samus Aran said:
some people are just too butthurt to admit people can dislike a game.
It is still weird to post considering the whole point of the topic is to say you disagree with the popular opinion

Xerneas said:
I will admit that I hate Ocarina of Time. I highly disagree that it is one of the best Zelda games. I believe that it was a new beginning to things we would later see in Zelda games, but I didn't think it was something to rave about. It was just finish-the-main-quest-and-then-you're-done. Heck, it felt like once you finished a temple you were able to enter the next one in like 3 seconds. It is a decent game, but very overrated.
I've got to say I fully agree with this.

Anyhow, I don't really see the hype with the Mother games. There's just something about them that seems off for some reason. I also don't really like the Pokémon games that much, because it seems I cannot mention anything I do in a Pokémon game without other people criticising me for what I do; I like to discuss games, which limits my enjoyment I can have with those games.

Pokemon is about as entertaining as watching paint dry. It's not engaging at all and all of them have a boring as shit protagonist.

fuck, i'd rather play other m

I've said some of these a couple times before, but...

Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros. 3
Animal Crossing

Chiaki Nanami said:
Xerneas said:
I've got to say I fully agree with this.

Anyhow, I don't really see the hype with the Mother games. There's just something about them that seems off for some reason.

This the like/hype/wtf ever mainly exists for the sole fact that the mother series is one of the few franchises ever made/produced by nintendo that actually attempts at a better story, writing, more emotion, and so forth. Also one of the few rpg franchises in the nintendo company, so yeah.

Although it is nothing special at all, I must admit the music is generally good.

Pokemon is about as entertaining as watching paint dry. It's not engaging at all and all of them have a boring as *bleep* protagonist.

*bleep*, i'd rather play other m

...not sure why you'd rather play other m. Although I can't argue its story and characters are a bit on the bleh side, but it's still nowhere near as linear and annoying as other m.

Most Mega Man games. I could never deal with all the bullshit the games throw at you.

Never cared for the Fire Emblem series and the F-Zero series. I only found F-Zero fun when you play with someone else.

I hate every Mario Party aside from the DS version. Never cared much for Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Bros 3.

I am also resisting the urge to kill many people in this thread. :bowser:

stating your opinion on a series in such a volatile manner has no purpose other than to bait the fanbase into angrily responding or get them into a full-blown argument.

or to be funny, but I didn't see that in your post at all

I can't really say here, but the only one that is coming up in my head is Pokemon.

Earthbound/Mother 2 and Mother 3 were like a near perfect game for me, but hey, I can't force my opinion on others and I respect that. =P

Super Mario Bros. 3 is definitely one I hate. And without starting a Melee vs. Brawl debate, I'll say Melee. I don't dislike it, I just don't think it's as good as others say and I always preferred Brawl.

Back