I liked it. Saw it four times and briefly took interest in the Na'vi language, not that that went anywhere.

It was okay, probably not a movie i'd rewatch.

So, the year this came out, I bought tickets for it on Fandango. Except when I got to the theater, there were no actual seats. We got a refund - just not from Fandango.

I ended up watching in in bad quality on a computer.

That movie was rather brilliant. I wonder what the sequel looks like...

Alisbet said:
That movie was rather brilliant. I wonder what the sequel looks like...
LOL it was one of the most overrated movies like ever

[quote author=Rifftrax]Avatar is the story of just how pretty a jungle planet can look in 3D, and maybe there are some people fighting in it or whatever. [/quote]

Sums up my thoughts on the movie. I liked it at first, but now, after watching it with Rifftrax, it's horribly cliched.

Now I'm going to be "s*** out dead without warning"

RedLetterMedia's review, swear warnings pretty much describes, in a comedic way, many of the reasons I wasn't able to enjoy this movie as much as I would have liked to. It discusses how the movie uses a lot of really cheap visual manipulations of our psyches (for example, the scene where the military dude is talking, it has some redneck characters in the background for a few brief seconds)... how the movie pretty much blatantly makes every antagonist as much of a jerk as possible, etc.

Honestly, I just felt like the whole movie was a bit too cartoon-like. I couldn't take it seriously because I was busy being distracted by all of the extra graphics

Movie was so boring I feel asleep.

Pretty ugly movie too.

Back