What are your opinions on Vanillas

Sonia Nevermind said:
Vanillas are a key part to the mafia experience as they require legit skill and actual intelligence instead of this forum's favorite tactic of follow the cop.

I don't use a lot of vanillas as i like things to be interesting, but vanillas are not bad things, they are not a curse, a 100% vanilla game should be how someone learns mafia, as you would have to use actual skill instead of dumb tactics that require the brain of a toddler to do.
Smasher did a 100% Vanilla game

@Rocker, most basic mafias even have a cop so your point is kinda invalid.

I mean there's skill with being a Roleblocker, there's skill being a Bomber, there's skill being a tracker, there's skill even being a Nerco. The cop helps looks for scummy ones.

I have to disagree with you there. And it's also good to have a bit of luck in games.

NSY said:

I mean there's skill with being a Roleblocker, there's skill being a Bomber, there's skill being a tracker, there's skill even being a Nerco. The cop helps looks for scummy ones.

I have to disagree with you there. And it's also good to have a bit of luck in games.

I didn't say anything about a "Basic" game, i said a vanilla only game.

Why is luck good? Inform me.

Sonia Nevermind said:
NSY said:

Makes i more interesting. Too much luck can be a bad thing though.

If games rely on luck, you actually don't need to develop the proper skills to actually see through lies, gambits or otherwise malicious plays employed by the Mafia, because then you can just rely on the luck factor and win the game that way, which is a terrible strategy to follow; additionally, it doesn't contribute to your success in future games, where luck may be tipped in the other team's favour, rendering anything you learnt from your previous games useless.

NSY said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
NSY said:

Makes i more interesting. Too much luck can be a bad thing though.

Actually, sometimes there needs to be a variable. I mean, raw ability is good to see, but you also need to be able to use your surroundings. I mean, you can't always hope that your scumhunting abilities will be always the best. It makes it more interesting to see how you use what is thrown at you to your advantage. If you know how to use your powers, and you know other players, you can be dynamite. I mean, if the cop knows the doctor, then they can ensure the cop lives for another night to possibly check a mafia member. It's also good if you know the granny and redirector because the redirector can use their ability to redirect a player's power to the granny, thus killing that player instantly. I mean, there are also plenty of ways to misuse powers, but that's not the point I'm trying to come across.

Luck is great if you find a way to use it to your advantage.

Time Turner said:
Xerneas said:
I mean, if the cop knows the doctor, then they can ensure the cop lives for another night to possibly check a mafia member.
Unless there's a stray roleblocker who decides to block the doctor...

Or a stray roleblocker who blocks Smasher when he isn't in the game. XD

Sonia Nevermind said:
Time Turner said:
Xerneas said:
I mean, if the cop knows the doctor, then they can ensure the cop lives for another night to possibly check a mafia member.

That's going to be the highlight of my game, isn't it?

Xerneas said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
Time Turner said:
Xerneas said:

well your games are usually terrible so...

Xerneas said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
Time Turner said:
Xerneas said:

Probably.

I know it will be for me.

Mega Morg said:
Xerneas said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
Time Turner said:
Xerneas said:

Says the person that has been modkilled before Day 3 in my last two games...

Xerneas said:
Mega Morg said:
Xerneas said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
Time Turner said:
Xerneas said:

Says the person that has been modkilled before Day 3 in my last two games...
BECAUSE THERE ALL TERRIBLE

Back