Super Marisa World FUSION (working title)

Which suit should be Marisa's "Fire Flower"-typed Super Item?

• Reimu (Attack: SWR Fantasy Orb)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrinitroMan

Koopa Troopa
Well, yeah. It's a Mario and Touhou crossover made with Hello Engine 5.1, though I modified it. :posh:
Here are some screenies:
screenshot101mg.png
screenshot102yw.png

screenshot103dg.png
screenshot104oc.png

screenshot105z.png
screenshot106o.png

screenshot107z.png
screenshot108i.png

Also, here is what I have done so far:
Multi character system: 100%
-Marisa: 99%
-Alice: 0%
-???: 0%
NPC system: 80% (there's a serious bug)
SMB2 enemies (including bosses): 85% (needs StiltGuy, FryGuy and bug fixes on Albatoss)
Super Item System: 0%
Subspace System: 50%

And here is the world list:
W1: Mushroom Kingdom
World 1-1 (Grass Gradiation): 100%
World 1-2 (Nipper Nitpicks): 90% (still need to code the wandering nipperplant)
World 1-3 (Brick Break): 90% (almost there)
World 1-4 (Goomba Underground): 95% (completely revamped, main level design completed, needs bug fix on NPC and bonus rooms)
Toad Town: ??%
World 1-Fort (Fort Koopa): 60% (level design mostly completed)
World 1-5 (Shoewalk on the Grass): 99% (needs tweaking)
W2: Sarasaland (SML1-3 and Wario Land 2-4)
World 2-1 (Birabuto Begins): 1%
W3: Dreamful Skies (SMB2 and Paper Mario)
W4: Celsius Kingdom (fire & ice)
W5: Isla Delfino
W6: Industrial Square
W7: Tainted Toadstool
World 7-1 (Foul Fungi): 90%
W8: Koopa Kingdom
Bonus World (W9): Gensokyo

I hope, you like it.

Currently, the team consists of two people:
-TrinitroMan (coding and level design)
-EvilMariobot (Touhou Major Characters spriting)
-Kirbio (Touhou Minor Characters (enemies) spriting and hopefully Sphere Doomer)

Yep, EvilMariobot sprited Marisa in these screenshots, thanks for asking.

EDIT: Okay, first poll is up. Which suit should be Marisa's "Fire Flower"-typed Super Item? There are two options:
-Reimu: There are several reasons, why I choose that as an option:
1. Albeit NOT being a fire-typed Touhou character, she has as a fire-typed spellcard as her only elemental attack (characters like Patchouli and Mima have multiple elemental attacks). The Fantasy Orb is basically Reimu shooting 6 explosive mulitcolored fireballs.
2. Marisa had a Reimu suit in New Super Marisa Land.
With that suit, Marisa can do Reimu's trademark Spell Card "Fantasy Orb", which are basically 6 multicolored fire orbs, that fly onto enemies and explode on impact.

-Yuki: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Yuki
Together with Mai, she is the boss of the Fourth Stage of Mystical Square (thanks goes to Vaike at Super Mario Boards for giving me the idea). That could work too, because:
1. She IS a fire-typed Touhou character
2. She bears a strong resemblance with Marisa, allowing me to just recolor the Marisa sprite for that suit.
With that suit, Marisa can do Yuki's last Spellcard, which will here function like Reimu's Fantasy Orb, but with normal fire orbs instead of multicolored ones.

Eitherway, this poll will last 5 days. Until then, happy voting! :D

man now i'm sad again that double cluster hasn't updated/existed as a group in years

this does look somewhat interesting though

as long as it's not just "mario world hack with marisa sprites"

Youmu Konpaku said:
man now i'm sad again that double cluster hasn't updated/existed as a group in years

this does look somewhat interesting though

as long as it's not just "mario world hack with marisa sprites"
Nah, don't worry, it's a Game Maker game (made with the Hello Engine 5.1).
And other then that, I plan to add stuff, that other Mario fangames don't have. I alrady added these long question blocks from Super Mario 3D land, and I coded half of the enemy cast from Super Mario Land.
Currently, I'm waiting for EvilMariobot finishing the sprite sheet for yet another Touhou character, who will be fought in World 1.
You have to guess, who it will be, though. And that boss is NOT the world boss of World 1.
That's Bowser Jr. already.
Off-topic Also, what is "Double Cluster"? I think, I heard of it already, but I'm not too sure...

Double Cluster made the Touhou fangame Super Marisa World. It's really good, super duper hard, and has a massive amount of Mario references (bosses, enemies, even level design).

sadly they haven't been around for a looong time so it's unlikely we'll ever get Super Marisa World 2.

Youmu Konpaku said:
Double Cluster made the Touhou fangame Super Marisa World. It's really good, super duper hard, and has a massive amount of Mario references (bosses, enemies, even level design).

sadly they haven't been around for a looong time so it's unlikely we'll ever get Super Marisa World 2.
Ah yeah, Super Marisa World.
That was my main reason to do that game. It was a big improvement over Super Marisa Land for me, but I always got the feeling, that it missed something...my aim is making a Super Mario styled Touhou game, that is more source-true then the previous games.
That also means, that Mairsa will shoof Starbursts, while Alice use her dolls to shoot lasers. The crossover part came, when I started with the actual work on the game.

If my computer gets fixed by the time this is finished (Which it probably will), I might play this! :)

Oh, don't worry then, I've only finished the first half of the first world so far, and from 3 playable characters, that I have planned, only one has been made. There's also the Subspace System from Kirby's Return to Dreamland, that needs to be implemented, complete with Super Items and Sphere Doomer, but all Mario-fied. Plus, the bonus world will be EPIC. So there's still a long way to go.
Of course, I could use Mario's classical Subspace System instead, but seriously, which Mario fangame had a Subspace, where you need to run from a wall and have to fight a big enemy at the end. And don't forget, that the Subspace from Kirby Wii is monochrome, which was the MAIN reason, why I wanted to add that version instaed of Mario's version.
I also planned something special for the Switch Palaces, and I can tell you that the Touhou fans will get some nice surprises there.

Sorry to double post, but I forgot to add things, that I have already shown at Fusion Fangaming:
TrinitroMan said:
I coded various new enemies:
screenshot109u.png
screenshot110r.png

Shroob Ufo (thanks goes to LarsLuron). I also almost finished the Shroobs themselve. I just need to make them taunt. At least, I already have the needed sprites.
screenshot111k.png
screenshot112w.png

Blazing Shrooms and Shroom Rexes
screenshot113cd.png
screenshot114h.png

Birabuto Enemies (excluding Nokobons, which I already have coded before)

What? It's the only engine, where I could make great stuff. I also fixed some flaws myself (though not all yet, but I'm into it).

It's not the ONLY engine. I personally dislike Hello Engine, I stick with my own made engines.

Pyro said:
It's not the ONLY engine. I personally dislike Hello Engine, I stick with my own made engines.
Yeah, I know, but I was usualy unlucky with other engines...and I don't know, if I'll be ever able to port this game into DragzeeY's engines, just because of the new health system. However, I'm thinking of porting my other Mario project, Super Mario Cave Story, into DragzeeY Engine 7, since that game uses the classical shrinking and growing system. I just need to try it out first, when it's finished.
But now, back to topic:
I actually wanted to code Torion first, but screw it, update time!
screenshot117u.png
dialoguescreenshot.png

NPC system and WORKING dialogue system (NPCs made by JudgeSpear, dialogue system made by me)
screenshot118p.png
screenshot119b.png

Cherries and Key Blocks from MKF (you all get credited)
screenshot120h.png
screenshot121my.png

Red Coins (my own version) and Blue Coins
screenshot122v.png
screenshot123i.png

Multishaped blocks (by me), Key Locks (by Obreck), Suu from SML (by me) and a purple cannon (by JudgeSpear)
screenshot124p.png
screenshot125j.png

Rocket Tank from Metal Slug (by JudgeSpear) and Clapping Chuck (by me)
screenshot126l.png
screenshot127h.png

Honen (by Shodian) and Yurarin Boo (by me)
screenshot128s.png
screenshot129j.png

Yurarin and Gulion (both made by me)
screenshot131x.png
screenshot132s.png

Kumo and Batadon (both made by me)
Also, outtakes:
screenshot130.png

Marisa: "What the...HEY, COME BACK, COWARDS!"

...Woah. I take it back. As long as you can improve the physics, there's no prob with using this Hello Engine, as it looks like you've added a LOT.
TrinitroMan said:
However, I'm thinking of porting my other Mario project, Super Mario Cave Story, into DragzeeY Engine 7,
Yeah, I'm waiting for DragzeeY Engine 7 to be finished so I can make a standard platformer game.

Pyro said:
...Woah. I take it back. As long as you can improve the physics, there's no prob with using this Hello Engine, as it looks like you've added a LOT.
TrinitroMan said:
However, I'm thinking of porting my other Mario project, Super Mario Cave Story, into DragzeeY Engine 7,
Yeah, I'm waiting for DragzeeY Engine 7 to be finished so I can make a standard platformer game.
Well, thanks.
Also, while I'm making Alice, who jumps higher, I noticed, that the players are in fact a bit...floaty. I actually never noticed it with Marisa, but it's very noticeable with Alice. I'm already searching for the correct values.
Fun fact: If a character falls a high distance to fast, the character will go through the collision.
EDIT: I found values, that are much better now...at least, for me.
Here's the NEW first part of Event User 2 of obj_mario (or in my case, obj_marisaplayer and obj_aliceplayer):
Code:
if collision_rectangle(bbox_left,bbox_bottom,bbox_right,bbox_bottom+1,obj_solidtop,0,0)
or collision_rectangle(bbox_left,bbox_bottom,bbox_right,bbox_bottom+1,obj_slopeparent,0,0)
{
    if hspeed = 0
        state = 0
    else
        state = 1
    if vspeed < 0
        state = 2
}
else
    state = 2
if collision_rectangle(bbox_left,bbox_bottom,bbox_right,bbox_bottom+1,obj_slippery,0,0)
or collision_rectangle(bbox_left,bbox_bottom,bbox_right,bbox_bottom+1,obj_slipperytop,0,0)
    isslip = 1
else
    isslip = 0
if vspeed > 4  //New value
    vspeed = 4  //New value
I still need to know from others, if the new values are correct. So with that, it's not only open source, but also free for beta testing.

I'm glad someone else here is making a fangame actively. Have you been at the MFGG forums? I'm down there, and my fangame is Blooper's Revenge. There's a thread here and over there.

Pyro said:
I'm glad someone else here is making a fangame actively. Have you been at the MFGG forums? I'm down there, and my fangame is Blooper's Revenge. There's a thread here and over there.
I'm trying to sign up there...but my account didn't got validated yet...

Pyro said:
You have to check your email.
Just checked my email. I still didn't got a validation. :-\
However, I actually already know about Blooper's Revenge. I even downloaded a demo version.
Sadly, I'm stuck at level 2-2, but the idea is good nonetheless.

Pyro said:
Did you click on the link?
Sorry to ask, but which link? I didn't got any email from MFGG, and I already tried to sign up in December last year.
I'm still waiting for an answer from them. :-\

It's not in the spam either, so looks like I have to sign up again...
EDIT: OK, tried again, but now, I cannot even sign up.
It gives me this error:
The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative.
The entered e-mail address is already in use.

Back