Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

DragonFreak said:
Giga12 said:
These games have shown GameFreak isn't running out of ideas for Pokemon.
IMO, there will always be stupid Pokémon. Even in Gen 1 it seemed liked they were running out of idea. Like Voltrob and Electrode? They were so unimaginative.
i don't see how that means they were running out of ideas in gen i

DragonFreak probably means that even since the beginning, there were dumb ideas Voltorb and Electrode being sentient poke balls, Grimer and Muk were living sludge, Magneton and Dugtrio were triplicate versions of their per evolutions.

ok, but having dumb ideas is different from running out of ideas

running out of ideas means that they're running out of recognizable animals and the like to base pokemon off of, and are forced to resort to more "out there" ideas like making a candle pokemon, or an ice cream pokemon. these ideas don't always work (although i love litwick's design, it's awesome)

Randy Cunningham said:
DragonFreak probably means that even since the beginning, there were dumb ideas Voltorb and Electrode being sentient poke balls, Grimer and Muk were living sludge, Magneton and Dugtrio were triplicate versions of their per evolutions.
Yes, that is what I mean, and I do classify that as "running out of ideas".

I really have no idea how you can classify that as "running out of ideas" because it's a completely different concept, unless you don't know the meaning of the words you're using. People have been saying that they've been running out if ideas for pokemon designs since gen 3, from what I can remember. It's just something for hipsters to cry about. There's an endless stream of ideas that can be used like holy shit has anyone seen just how many actually-well-drawn-with-good-concepts gr8 fake pokemon designs have been made by artists over the years?? Worst case is that Gamefreak uses some of these ideas which would probably only excite the shit out of the fandom.

Like wow look at this I found in a quick google search it's fantastic

fake-pokemon-black-white.jpg

Endless ideas. Endless.

well, none of them really look that new and fresh! most of them seem too much like an already existing pokemon to me

i guess it's not that they're running out of ideas, it's more that the more pokemon in existence, the harder it is to find a clever design that hasn't been done before.

Thrawn said:
Giga12 said:
i dunno, they had some pretty stupid ones this time

spiritzee, aromatisse, swirlix, slurpuff, binacle, barbaracle, dedenne, carbink, and klefki were NOT dumb

I didn't find them dumb at all. People just care 100% about dragon based Pokémon now.

Noibat, Noivern, Skrelp, Dragalge and Greninja are overrated Pokémon that just make other Pokémon drop in popularity.

Morty said:
I really have no idea how you can classify that as "running out of ideas" because it's a completely different concept, unless you don't know the meaning of the words you're using. People have been saying that they've been running out if ideas for pokemon designs since gen 3, from what I can remember. It's just something for hipsters to cry about. There's an endless stream of ideas that can be used like holy shit has anyone seen just how many actually-well-drawn-with-good-concepts gr8 fake pokemon designs have been made by artists over the years?? Worst case is that Gamefreak uses some of these ideas which would probably only excite the shit out of the fandom.

Like wow look at this I found in a quick google search it's fantastic

fake-pokemon-black-white.jpg

Endless ideas. Endless.

Most of these creations are dinosaurs so meh.

The Tricky Fox said:
Thrawn said:
Giga12 said:
i dunno, they had some pretty stupid ones this time

spiritzee, aromatisse, swirlix, slurpuff, binacle, barbaracle, dedenne, carbink, and klefki were NOT dumb
I didn't find them dumb at all. People just care 100% about dragon based Pokémon now.

Noibat, Noivern, Skrelp, Dragalge and Greninja are overrated Pokémon that just make other Pokémon drop in popularity.
i don't think you know what you're talking about here. greninja isn't a dragon type, and yet he's popular.

and i don't think i've seen that much popularity for skrelp and dragalge. i don't think people hate them, they're just not really well-liked.

are you under the impression that i have something against fairy types? they can all die while i'm still not a fan of the fairy type's introduction, i do enjoy flabebe's and floette's designs (not florges though, that thing is ugly)

DragonFreak said:
Giga12 said:
IMO, there will always be stupid Pokémon. Even in Gen 1 it seemed liked they were running out of idea. Like Voltrob and Electrode? They were so unimaginative.
Hey those are both great pokemon

Back