Big Pokemon news to come on Jan. 8

Bulbasaur said:
Anser said:
Not another irrelevant stupid game like[...]Mystery Dungeon...

bad. no.
I completely agree with you, 2257. In my honest opinion, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky is the best Pokémon game ever. They are much, much better than the main games because the story found in every Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game actually has good story, whereas the main games lack any story whatsoever. I remember literally crying at the end of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky and I loved it. I'm not going to get that satisfactory feeling if I just play a normal, plain Pokémon game.

And what's so wrong with a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon title, anyway? It's at least more entertaining to play than the main games...

Chiaki Nanami said:
Bulbasaur said:
Anser said:

bad. no.
I completely agree with you, 2257. In my honest opinion, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky is the best Pokémon game ever. They are much, much better than the main games because the story found in every Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game actually has good story, whereas the main games lack any story whatsoever. I remember literally crying at the end of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky and I loved it. I'm not going to get that satisfactory feeling if I just play a normal, plain Pokémon game.

And what's so wrong with a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon title, anyway? It's at least more entertaining to play than the main games...

Not for me. I found the Mystery Dungeon games extreeeeeemely boring. They may have a better story than the main games, but I don't play games for their story, but for their gameplay, and that's where the main games shine, while Mystery Dungeon games don't.

Anser said:
Ok, rumor has it on GONintendo that:

The announcement is, more or less, a love letter to the franchise. It's being called Pokemon Rainbow, a 3DS game that encompasses the settings and Pokemon from generations 1-4: Red and Blue, Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire, and Diamond and Pearl. You can take my word for it that the graphics are done up very nicely. The perspective is similar to what you'd expect from Pokemon games, but the camera is much more dynamic. The graphical style is characterized by very clean, dark lines. Almost cartoonish, but not quite. Battles look radically different, and move away from the use of pixel art. Though it seems that the interface is still made of pixels. The battle that it shown is between a totally new trainer and a wild Weedle. The trainer uses a Pikachu.

I'm not privy to any story details, as I only know what will be announced tomorrow. The story is concurrent with Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 in terms of timeline. There are over 20 new Pokemon, and two will be revealed tomorrow. One is an evolution of an older Pokemon Eevee, called Draconeon. The other is a totally new Pokemon, called Verbill. It looks like a rodent, much like the Pokemon Patrat, but has a sort of pirate theme going on.

A Wii U app will be launched along with the game, which will be announced tomorrow. However, all that will be said is that the app will be addressed "at a later date". The logo for the app features a globe with Pikachu, Munna, Treeko, Cyndaquil, and Piplup popping out from various countries.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=193851

What do you think?
Yeah, sure. Not buying it. Complete bullshit.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Bulbasaur said:
Anser said:

bad. no.

That really depends on your taste entirely.

Some people like using a huge team which with a more customizable system and more exploration.

On the other hand mystery dungeon has a better story and is more friendly to pre-evolved pokes, as well as pokemon actually having personalities, rather then everything being through humans.

Sadly mystery dungeon has the ever so typical dungeon crawler battle system, which is a big turn off to many people and exploration is pretty limited to randomized dungeons only rather than an entire land.

Personally I think both are decent but I'd wish there would be better battle systems regardless.

Chiaki Nanami said:

I wouldn't say that for myself, but...

It's not Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon, since they, you know, already made one that's going to be released on March 24th. That's the NA release, at least. I don't see what's wrong with another PMD though, I think it's the best Pokemon spin-off, imho.

Can someone inform me onto why Pokemon Stadium is so great? I never got the hype, since all it seemed to be was just a 3-D battle simulator and pretty much nothing but one. Kind of like Battle Revolution, and I know a few people who hated the game. Pokemon Colosseum/XD is that plus more.

Also, the Pokemon Direct will air 3 am PST/6 am EST.

I think they're fucking with us.

The announcement is, more or less, a love letter to the franchise. It's being called Pokemon Rainbow, a 3DS game that encompasses the settings and Pokemon from generations 1-4: Red and Blue, Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire, and Diamond and Pearl. You can take my word for it that the graphics are done up very nicely. The perspective is similar to what you'd expect from Pokemon games, but the camera is much more dynamic. The graphical style is characterized by very clean, dark lines. Almost cartoonish, but not quite. Battles look radically different, and move away from the use of pixel art. Though it seems that the interface is still made of pixels. The battle that it shown is between a totally new trainer and a wild Weedle. The trainer uses a Pikachu.

I'm not privy to any story details, as I only know what will be announced tomorrow. The story is concurrent with Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 in terms of timeline. There are over 20 new Pokemon, and two will be revealed tomorrow. One is an evolution of an older Pokemon Eevee, called Draconeon. The other is a totally new Pokemon, called Verbill. It looks like a rodent, much like the Pokemon Patrat, but has a sort of pirate theme going on.

A Wii U app will be launched along with the game, which will be announced tomorrow. However, all that will be said is that the app will be addressed "at a later date". The logo for the app features a globe with Pikachu, Munna, Treeko, Cyndaquil, and Piplup popping out from various countries.
Still think it's bull.

Pyro said:
I think they're fucking with us.

Still think it's bull.

It's certainly possible, seeing as how the rumor says that there's only about 20 new pokemon, so it would make sense that they decided to focus more on the world this time.
If anyone cares, it's going to be revealed more or less at 4AM CST

Wild XPIKE appeared!
Go! DRAGONITE!
Wild XPIKE used POST AFTER A WHILE!
DRAGONITE fainted!

On a serious note, Xpike, it's coming at 4 AM?

Least in my timezone it is.

EDIT; Never mind, add another hour, it's apparently at 5AM CST.

If my calculations are correct, the Pokemon Direct should be happening RIGHT now.

Right now they are talking about Red and Green.

Lol, I would be online at the right time. Literally just read this at 5:59am.

REVEALING IT NOW!

Too big of news that I need to double post!

GENERATION 6 JUST GOT REVEALED!

NEW POKEMON, 3DS, actually in 3-dimension!

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Stayed up till 3am to watch the stream. 8)

It's GEN VI, and it's going to be released worldwide in October for the Nintendo 3DS. The names are Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.

Fuck, I'm never going to complete the Pokedex in any game. :'(

100% serious.

And he just said that it will come out in...

This october!

It is literally so cool!

I'm pretty sure that all Pokemon fans just got blown back by it.

Back