Do your parents know that you are on this forum?

Do your parents know that you are on this forum?

• Yes, I told them when I joined

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Yes, they found out but approve of it

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Yes, they found out and did not approve

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No, I'll never tell them

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • No but I'm planning on telling them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i'm a big boy i don't need no old people to tell ME what to do

I'm 100% the "No, I'll never tell them" option.

I don't like my parents bumping into my life unless absolutely, so I usually keep everything hidden from them. Any information they have about you they'll somehow manage to turn it against you as a punishment or something I should be ashamed about. I'm not joking either. I just usually change the screen if they are coming off, and though it pisses them off when I do that, I know that it is a better choice.

I mean, I think they somewhat know what this place is. There are times where I slip up and they are like "Who's Smasher?" (<-- That was a real one too). But all they know is that it is Mario related, and they somewhat disapprove, so I will never tell them what it really is. Hell, this place is more about users than Mario.

Now that I remember, I think I have showed my mom my account once when she asked who Sunscreen was. My dad on the other hand hasn't.

My uncle certainly knows but he does not count.

Have known for many years, they don't really care. and I'm 18 now anyway, so I'm free to browse to my heart's content.

My parents know, but they don't care, since I'm an adult and I joined this forum as an adult. The only thing I've really heard from them was "I'm proud of you sweetie" from my mother when I became a global mod. I joined MFGG (another Mario forum) when I was 14 and my parents didn't care (well my Dad seemed to think it would prevent me from meeting girls. Looks like he was right.)

Wait, I just remembered that my mother technically knows.

It happened in that one game thread where you have to break the rule the previous poster set up. Someone tried to be smart and made the rule "Post in this thread" or something. So my solution was to invoke an "exact words" kind of thing by writing a response post, but then calling over my mother so she could hit the post button for me, meaning I was not actually posting in that thread.

Good times.

My immediate family all knows, and they don't really care. A few of my friends know, too, and they think it's neat that I'm an admin and stuff, although they seem to be under the assumption that I own the site or am a big-name admin and stuff. Sometimes when they're talking to me and my focus shifts because I need to ban someone in chat, they're behind me cheering and wanting to see more bans. But if anyone does make some comment like "are you seriously on a MARIO site??!?", I just simply rebut with "well you collect Mr. Peanut figurines" or "well you still play with dolls" or "you're obsessed with disney" and they just go away, so it's not really ever a problem.

I once tried to explain my job in The 'Shroom to my brother, but he didn't seem to understand. Most of the time I'm browsing the forum he's watching, so yeah. I also once invited a friend to join but he wasn't exactly interested.

Also,
Politoed said:
Sometimes when they're talking to me and my focus shifts because I need to ban someone in chat, they're behind me cheering and wanting to see more bans.
Awesome.

Specifically with this forum, they don't know. They do know that I go on forums though. (In general) They don't care about it really.

Hobbes said:
I once tried to explain my job in The 'Shroom to my brother, but he didn't seem to understand. Most of the time I'm browsing the forum he's watching, so yeah. I also once invited a friend to join but he wasn't exactly interested.

Also,
Politoed said:
Sometimes when they're talking to me and my focus shifts because I need to ban someone in chat, they're behind me cheering and wanting to see more bans.
Awesome.
Oh yeah, I have talked about the 'Shroom before, but that was before I joined.

oh yeah they know I help run the 'Shroom as well, and they've even asked to read my reviews (not that I'll ever show them, my writing sucks). So there's that too.

Don't listen to Grandpa, Jorge is way younger!

i was actually talking about real life :P

nah, i dumped the family tree, since i'm an omnipotent wizard now

Back