Server Move

porplemontage

Forum Administrator
Wiki Proprietor
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Porplemontage
Thank you all for your patience yesterday. I guarantee that I'm the least excited about these things because of the work that goes in. We were on our last server for over three years and were due for an upgrade, and may this one last us even longer.

Now does anyone else have a strange desire for donuts?

porplemontage said:
Now does anyone else have a strange desire for donuts?

cdd6b2ea-b26e-45ce-a86a-49435e3641d7

Phantom L said:
Can we access the old server somehow? Just in interest

It can be accessed using the host file trick with the old server IP address, but everything is locked-down (including the forum again).

Cool, a server upgrade. What's new?

I have noticed that the website seems much faster. Though I dunno if that's the placebo effect or not.

porplemontage said:
Phantom L said:
Can we access the old server somehow? Just in interest

It can be accessed using the host file trick with the old server IP address, but everything is locked-down (including the forum again).
noooo I wanted to continue the poop posting party :(.

I've added instructions for Mac and Linux users on how to access this Server, before I switched to this one.

Neptune says he can't get on the forum on his iPad. Apparently it just goes to the maintenence page. Does anyone know what a solution to this problem could be?

Also, how can I get to the old server?

More accurately: DNS stands for "Domain Name Server".
It turns all IP Addresses into Domain names, and, like Lakitu said, it saves data about those IP Addresses.

I want donuts! And the edit post with the pencil in the corner is cool. A quick-edit button, like quick-reply. Heh. Awesome. Was that there before?

That was probably another Forum.

Oh, Quick Edit?
I thought he was talking about Quick Reply.

Back