TV problem

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Okay, so every couple minutes or so, my TV goes black. It does this on TV, DVDs, Video Games, everything. It comes back after a minute, but every couple minutes, it goes black again. When I'm playing a game, there is no sound when the screen goes black, but on TV, I still get sound during the black.

Sounds like it's busted.

Don't listen to the guy above me, just turn off your TV's Screensaver.
How you can do it, is something you must find out, as all TV's have a different Settings Screen.

After re-reading your first Post, you didn't mention about whether it goes back to normal when you do something (press a button on the Remote, etc.).
Google doesn't seem to display exactly your problem, but it's close enough, I think: http://cwgm.es/4n

No. It goes back to normal on its own. If I press something, nothing happens to the screen, but they still work. For example, pause still pauses.

GalacticPetey, it indeed sounds like the TV is broken.
Try to ask how much it'll cost to repair, and if it's to much, get a new one (I assume you have this TV for a few years, right?).

MKGirlism said:
GalacticPetey, it indeed sounds like the TV is broken.
Try to ask how much it'll cost to repair, and if it's to much, get a new one (I assume you have this TV for a few years, right?).
Yeah, we've had it for years.

Then chances are big, that buying a new TV is going to be cheaper, than letting it repair.

Yeah, it's best to get a new one, considering that even if they do fix it, it could break again.

Also, NAILED IT!

Back