I'm writing a movie that's a crossover of Mario and four other franchises!

MichiganMarioFan

They're perfectly mismatched
Banned User
Well, there have been threads about Mario movie concepts before, however here's one that's (hopefully) unique:
We all know the 1993 movie wasn't as good as it was originally conceived, but my movie will be one of those "Space Jam"- and "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"-like types of movies, combining animation and live-action. I first got the idea for this last Saturday when the Boomerang channel was airing "The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones."

This new movie is called "The Great Crossovers" and what makes this unique is that not only will it feature Mario characters, it will also feature those from the Red Green Show, the Flintstones, the Jetsons and the Peanuts comic strip and will also feature Charles Barwell, a fictional Detroit News comic section editor whose dream of having animated characters entering the real world comes true.

Anyways, here's some of the plot: Red Green invents a device that would attract animated characters and bring them into real life and decides to test it out in Detroit, that and to prepare the Joe Louis Arena for an Aerosmith concert. In the process, it brought in characters from the Mario series, the Flintstones, the Jetsons and the Peanuts comic strip. Then Bowser (of course) kidnaps Princess Peach and places her on a train and the rest of the gang gets on another train and the two trains follow each other all the way to Atlanta, where they then chase Bowser up to the tallest building there, but when they get there they notice that Waluigi had kidnapped Elroy Jetson, when Elroy and Peach are rescued everyone suddenly falls down into a Warp Pipe, ending up in Pittsburgh.

A script is now being worked on, when finished I might submit it first to Warner Bros. for these two reasons:
  • They currently own the home video distribution rights to the Peanuts TV specials.
  • They now own the rights to the Flintstones and the Jetsons since the Hanna-Barbera acquisition.

Anyways, here's a list of characters and their possible voice actors, divided into two sections (incomplete):

Mario Characters:
CharacterVoice Actor
MarioNicholas Cage
LuigiKennel Branagh
PeachCanoe Reeves
BowserGary Oldman
Lemmy Koopa??
Daisy??
WaluigiStephen Colbert
Bowser Jr.??
Iggy Koopa??
WarioRubbin' Williams
KamekHuggy Weaving
YoshiTommy Lee Jones
Rooster-Imitating Yoshi (White Yoshi)Tommy Lee Jones
Moshi (Yellow Yoshi)Tommy Lee Jones

Non-Mario Characters:
CharacterVoice Actor
Charles Barwell??
Red Green??
Winston Rothschild??
Ed Frid??
Ranger Gord??
Dalton Humphrey??
Mike Hamar??
Charlie BrownTrenton Rogers
FranklinShane Baumel
Linus van PeltAustin Lux
Lucy van PeltGrace Rolek
MarcieJessica Gordon
Pepperment PattyRory Thorst
Pig-PenShane Baumel
Sally BrownAmanda Pace
SchorederTrenton Rogers
SnoopyCanoe Reeves (in addition to Bill Melendez archival audio)
WoodstockCanoe Reeves (in addition to Bill Melendez archival audio)
Fred Flintstone??
George Jetson??
Barney Rubble??
Elroy Jetson??

Feel free to ask any questions as well as to suggest characters (both Mario and non-Mario, as long as it's from one of the four non-Mario franchises I mentioned above) and voice actors to appear in this movie. I don't know if this is in the right section though. And don't request any more franchises to include in this project, because I think having five is enough.

this movie will be awesome purely because of Red Green......

rgreen.jpg

hes holding your film role right there....

will you please put nba stars in this too?

Holy crap guys witness..."The return of ColonelKR!!"

Seriously though this may turn out just like that previous Mario movie thread did.

Radagast the Brown said:

Seriously though this may turn out just like that previous Mario movie thread did.

Well lets not let that happen

Charlie Mulgrew said:
Radagast the Brown said:

Well lets not let that happen
As long is this person is rational, it shouldn't.

oh, sorry, really i am

i'm sure your movie will be great even without nba stars

Just added one new Mario character and two non-Mario characters, neither requested by anyone. Find them in the character lists, don't forget to refer to it before requesting a new character and/or voice actor!

what about Daisy? I assume all human Mario characters will make at least minor appearances

Waluigi should be in this film.

Also, Nice Cage would make a great Mario, and Kennel Branagh a good Luigi. Canoe Reeves = a good Peach?

TheYoshiState said:
This new movie is called "The Great Crossovers" and what makes this unique is that not only will it feature Mario characters, it will also feature those from the Red Green Show, the Flintstones, the Jetsons and the Peanuts comic strip and will also feature a fictional Detroit News comic section editor.
woah why didn't I think of such a perfect combination
TheYoshiState said:
CharacterVoice Actor
MarioNicholas Cage
one ticket, please

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
TheYoshiState said:
Pokémon Trainer Red said:
No Pokémon? :(

Not in this movie...

TheYoshiState said:
And don't request any more franchises to include in this project, because I think having five is enough.
I know. I was just stating that.

I think I'll include a few in the sequel, but it depends on how well this project will do in theaters (if it makes it that far).

Anyways, changed a few things in the first post.

UPDATE: Even though the character lists aren't complete, I started the script.

Bumping this since it has been over a week since the last reply. During this time, I have decided the following notes for this project:

• The cartoon characters (including Mario ones) will be animated and drawn MLP:FIM-style.
  • Character artwork will begin soon.
  • The script has been stopped for now.

You can still request Mario, Flintstones and Jetsons characters.

Back