Accent and Speech, Is Mona Italian?

Eaglejack

Goomba
Well, I've been seeing the constant threads RudnickiMarioX06 usually puts up regarding certain characters being

Italian, although majority repetitive and incredibly funny , it still did spike my interest, and i just wanted to clear out once and for all

some certain differences in Accents and speech regarding some characters.

First question:

Most of us assume that Wario, Mario, Luigi, Pizza Joe have Italian accents, if thats a fact, then why isn't Wario's speech pattern in an Italian manner?

to put it simply: Why is it when Wario talks, the dialogue is usually in straight english (eg: So you cleared my stage eh, ur not such a wimp after all!!) see what i mean? Usually without the mama-mia, or adding the letter A between words

The only time Wario ever does this, is during the voice overs, but not one in any of the dialogues.

Before the second question i wanna make a statement ( feel free to disprove me, because i want everybody's opinion on this)

Mona is Italian due to: (some ideas came from the deviously known RudnickiMarioX06)

1. Her name being an Italian (mona)
2. Probably her initial hair style ( not realy sure)
3. Serves Pizza and is now her only constant job
4. Her manager being Italian ( Pizza Joe)
5. Driving a moped ( seems very Italy related to me)
6. Smitten with Wario
7. Most of her introductions start with a "Ciao Mona here", Ciao its me Mona" Ciao being a Italian word for hello or bye) btw this is seen on The manual for smooth moves
and the character selection of twisted

Ok that was long. for the second question:

IF, i repeat IF she was Italian, how come the way she speaks is straight english?

and the last: Can Mario talk straight english without adding italian modifiers?

I KNOW THIS THREAD REALLY IS CONFUSING, but atleast try to understand what im saying here ;D

good insight and thoughts regarding this topic, will be highly apprecicated :posh:

btw RudnickiMarioX06, I WANT YOU TO COMMENT ASWELL!!, show me ur Wario knowledge!!! :waluigi:

Oh, so funny.

6. Smitten with Wario
7. Most of her introductions start with a "Ciao Mona here", Ciao its me Mona" Ciao being a Italian word for hello or bye) btw this is seen on The manual for smooth moves

1.) You can have an Italian name and not be Italian.
2.) You can have an Italian hair style and not be Italian.
3.) So, everyone who serves Pizza is now Italian? Tell that to the Minimum Wage guy working at Pizza Hut.
4.) So, if your manager is Italian, you're Italian?
5.) Mopeds are used worldwide, and didn't even originate in Italy.
6.) *See 3 & 4 and place "In Love with an Italian guy" in the sentence*
7.) Ciao is a commonly used word in any language, not just Italian, though mostly European languages.

Hmmm... a new user joins, and their first only post is a topic about a character being Italian?

Hi, Rudnicki. Nice try. You can't fool us.

Master Lucario said:
Hmmm... a new user joins, and their first only post is a topic about a character being Italian?

His IP doesn't even looks like Rudnicki's IP.

Also, what ChaosNinji said. What's next, "Is King K. Rool a pedophile?"?

The arguments that Rudnicki made seem to be pretty valid for the most part. I doubt any nationality has ever been confirmed with Mona, but it does appear to be a strong argument that could be made. Alot of clamor seems to have disseminated in recent times over some stupid crap! I don't know why so many have inveighed logic that seems reasonable to me. But the inculcation that was tried by that now banned guy can never work when there is so much dissent. But for the most part the weighty words and bickering seem to be unfounded.

Eaglejack said:
Well, I've been seeing the constant threads RudnickiMarioX06 usually puts up regarding certain characters being

Italian, although majority repetitive and incredibly funny , it still did spike my interest, and i just wanted to clear out once and for all

some certain differences in Accents and speech regarding some characters.

First question:

Most of us assume that Wario, Mario, Luigi, Pizza Joe have Italian accents, if thats a fact, then why isn't Wario's speech pattern in an Italian manner?

to put it simply: Why is it when Wario talks, the dialogue is usually in straight english (eg: So you cleared my stage eh, ur not such a wimp after all!!) see what i mean? Usually without the mama-mia, or adding the letter A between words

The only time Wario ever does this, is during the voice overs, but not one in any of the dialogues.

Before the second question i wanna make a statement ( feel free to disprove me, because i want everybody's opinion on this)

Mona is Italian due to: (some ideas came from the deviously known RudnickiMarioX06)

6. Smitten with Wario

Ok that was long. for the second question:

IF, i repeat IF she was Italian, how come the way she speaks is straight english?

and the last: Can Mario talk straight english without adding italian modifiers?

I KNOW THIS THREAD REALLY IS CONFUSING, but atleast try to understand what im saying here ;D

good insight and thoughts regarding this topic, will be highly apprecicated :posh:

btw RudnickiMarioX06, I WANT YOU TO COMMENT ASWELL!!, show me ur Wario knowledge!!! :waluigi:
And futhermore to add to my adforementioned statements, you are saying that the character of my namesake, Wario, talks straight English. This is a falsehood. What you have quoted were from instruction manuels, which were quoted in straight English. But when you listen to Wario's talk, it sounds, indeed, like a bold italian voice. Which can lead to assume, that, while he has a heavey italian voice, which you hear when he speaks it in the games and commercial and so on, it just wasn't quoted as such in the manuel. This would be like if Mario said, "It's a me, a Mario." And for some reason it was it was quoted in a manuel as "It's me, Mario." But the fact remains that Wario does not talk "Straight english".

Blitzwing said:
Master Lucario said:

His IP doesn't even looks like Rudnicki's IP.

Also, what ChaosNinji said. What's next, "Is King K. Rool a pedophile?"?
This scares me.

I knew it. WarioWafter is Rudnicki.

Pokemon DP said:
SiFi said:
Quite likely. :-\
Yeah. But oh, heck, I bet Bowser's an Italian turtle, too! :P

Garlic Man said:
Pokemon DP said:
SiFi said:
XD

Well, he sounded like the Cookie Monster in Super Mario Sunshine...

...THE COOKIE MONSTER IS ITALIAN AS WELL! :eek:

Pokemon DP said:
Garlic Man said:
Pokemon DP said:
SiFi said:
XD

Well, he sounded like the Cookie Monster in Super Mario Sunshine...

...THE COOKIE MONSTER IS ITALIAN AS WELL! :eek:
Yeah, but they're gonna change it to the CARROT MONSTER, SO ARE CARROTS ITALIAN? I DUNNO! :P (Crap, my off-topic habit *facepalm*)

Ive been

LOLing

Garlic Man said:
Yeah, but they're gonna change it to the CARROT MONSTER, SO ARE CARROTS ITALIAN? I DUNNO! :P (Crap, my off-topic habit *facepalm*)
This topic is so dusty, I even forgot that I had said that before! :P

Master Lucario said:

Eaglejack's only got one post. Was he actually banned with so little evidence? o_O

ShyGuy27 said:
Master Lucario said:

Eaglejack's only got one post. Was he actually banned with so little evidence? o_O
Apparently so. o_0

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Master Lucario said:

Apparently so. o_0
New users beware...

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Master Lucario said:

Apparently so. o_0
New users beware...
This happens because you greet everbody with "Hello, Rudnicki". :-\

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Master Lucario said:

Apparently so. o_0
New users beware...
Only people that act like Rudnicki. Besides, I was right about Kuriboomba, wasn't I?

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Master Lucario said:

Apparently so. o_0
New users beware...
Only people that act like Rudnicki. Besides, I was right about Kuriboomba, wasn't I?
You were. Yes.

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Master Lucario said:

Apparently so. o_0

He isn't banned.

Blitzwing said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Master Lucario said:

Apparently so. o_0

He isn't banned.
And so? o_0

Back