Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I haven't gotten a shot; I had a mist instead

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
Nabber said:
He's allowed to say his opinion.

And I'm allowed to say what I think of his opinion

NintendoQueen said:
Nope. But the year I did get a flu shot, I was more sick than I was when I didn't get a flu shot. Irony?

Pretty sure flu shots can have a negative reaction to people.

Not sure if its just random or person specific though.

Yeah, it's not irony. Fined for inappropriate use of irony.

Flu shots sometimes make you sick initially after you take it, because they give you weakened or dead cells of the disease it's protecting you against in order for you to build antibodies against it so that your body can kill it easily in the event you get a full blown disease.

As such, vaccines are highly specific to that disease you are taking them for, such as the flu. They do not prevent you from catching other things that could make you sick, such as the common cold. You can still get sick if you get a vaccine, vaccines just protect you from dangerous diseases, like the Flu, which can kill you, and there are other vaccines for even worse diseases that are out there.

Also, as nabber pointed out sometimes people are allergic, in which case the need to get a shot that isnt made with whatever it is they are allergic to. Most flu shots are made with eggs, so if you are allergic to eggs, you cant get them. You have to use a vaccine that is made differently, or risk going without.

It is not at all ironic that you got sick the "single time" you got a flu shot. Vaccines are to prevent you from dieing in the event you happen to catch the disease, they do not prevent you from being exposed to people who are sick or carriers of the disease. Whether you are exposed to the disease or not in order to catch it is all luck and where you live. Vaccines help you fight the disease once you fall sick, they dont prevent it.

^You are right. I did get a vaccine once and I felt freaking horrible afterward. But it's only a brief amount of time; it's not serious at all. It's like allergies; the dead virus attracts attention as a pathogen to your body, which is why you sometimes feel sick after getting a shot.

MCS said:
Baby Luigi said:
I haven't and I'm not planning to :wario:

Wynaut?

Anyways I haven't got one recently but we usually do get our yearly flu shots so

The reason I'm not taking a vaccine is that I'm scared of the "super virus", which is similar to how we use too much antibiotics and we get antibiotic resistant bacteria.

It could be irrational fear because I'm misinformed about this subject.

Back