PMD Help.

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
yeah.

I need some pointers on how to pass the volcano with moltres (blue version btw).

main character is charmander and partner is treecko.

Pidgey said:
What items do you have? And what levels are your Pokémon, and what are their movesets?
Charmander's level 18.

moveset is scratch, ember, metal claw and brick break.

Treecko's 17, moves are pound, quick attack, pursuit and absorb.

I have various max elixirs, a few tms, some apples, rocks and thorns but no oran berries at all.

edit: and to add, no reviver seeds.

:c

Okay, if I'm not completely incorrect here, you can still withdraw and deposit items from your storage, so the first thing you should do is to definitely check your storage. If you can find some Reviver Seeds, some Oran Berries or a Slumber Orb, that will greatly help you.

EDIT: Sorry I'm dumb, you can't use Orbs during the battle against Moltres, so you're going to have to search for a Sleep Seed instead, because that is an item you can use in the battle against Moltres.

Pidgey said:
Okay, if I'm not completely incorrect here, you can still withdraw and deposit items from your storage, so the first thing you should do is to definitely check your storage. If you can find some Reviver Seeds, some Oran Berries or a Slumber Orb, that will greatly help you.
the thing is I already reached the peak halfway before I even posted...

hell these fearows and arcanines are annoying me (bad RUAI! D:< )

You already passed the midway point, and you saved? Shit, that's bad. Now you have to rely on getting lucky spawns with items. I say that, if you don't find any Oran Berries, just reset the game and try scaling the three floors again, and just keep doing this until you have as many Oran Berries as you think you're going to need. Also look out for Sleep Seeds.

Additionally, what TMs do you have?

Pidgey said:
You already passed the midway point, and you saved? Shit, that's bad. Now you have to rely on getting lucky spawns with items. I say that, if you don't find any Oran Berries, just reset the game and try scaling the three floors again, and just keep doing this until you have as many Oran Berries as you think you're going to need. Also look out for Sleep Seeds.

Additionally, what TMs do you have?
two shitty ones.

attract and torment.

Well fuck, that's even shittier. In your current situation, I advise you to just follow what I said and reset if you don't get good enough items, and when you do get enough items, go for it.

Oh, are you playing on a real DS? If so, then make sure to turn the DS off every time you die, because otherwise you might loose items you'd like to have, and that's definitely something you don't want happening.

Do you keep your experience points if you die?

Pidgey said:
Well fuck, that's even shittier. In your current situation, I advise you to just follow what I said and reset if you don't get good enough items, and when you do get enough items, go for it.

Oh, are you playing on a real DS? If so, then make sure to turn the DS off every time you die, because otherwise you might loose items you'd like to have, and that's definitely something you don't want happening.
yes it's on a real ds.

actually it was borrowed from someone else.

intentional double post.

going back to the bottom is advisable?

You should have your Treeko use Pursuit as much as possible, but make sure you protect him.

Roserade said:
You should have your Treeko use Pursuit as much as possible, but make sure you protect him.
that's way too risky.

I have no reviver seeds

Okay then, let's see here....

Can you change the moves before the battle? Because Treeko can learn Rock Tomb, and that could REALLY help.

LN1 said:
Yes, you can change moves at any time. But I'm not even sure if you can find a Rock Tomb TM by this point. Anyways, what I do when I have to fight Moltres is just to grind by continously killing the Peak pokémon and at some point I get to win against Moltres. Though it will take a while to do it this way.
I guess I could grind the hell out of it.

FireEevee said:
intentional double post.

going back to the bottom is advisable?
Not only is it advisable, it also happens to be the best possible solution to your problem. Then when you get down to the bottom, make sure to restock on good items and such, and then you're going to be ready for the battle against Moltres. If you've forgotten about the items you should look for, they are Oran Berries, Reviver Seeds and Sleep Seeds.

Back