Things you used to think about Pokémon in your n00b days

For some weird reason, a few years ago I thought Emerald was a Johto game due to my misunderstanding of this image in a guidebook and to my almost complete lack of knowledge of any main games before Gen IV.

lesseee...

that pokemon were real.

That the only weaknesses were the fire, water and grass things. I didn't even pay attention to it when it said super or ineffective. I just clicked A fast.

I thought that you could climb ledges :mad:

Geodude was a Pure Rock type

Geodude evolves into Onix.

I didn't think Minccino had an evolution.

I drew a Poké Ball, and colored it red on both top and bottom.

I thought Ditto was a very good pokémon because of the stupid anime episode about him, and I used my master ball on him.

Cirdec said:
I thought Ditto was a very good pokémon because of the stupid anime episode about him, and I used my master ball on him.

Ditto has no gender ._.

Also, you used your Master Ball? That's embarassing.

Ditto isn't that good, he needs to transform for victory

Cirdec said:
ditto isnt a guy

EDIT: ninja'd

Miracle Matter said:
Cirdec said:
Ditto isn't that good, he needs to transform for victory
or it can use struggle

Cirdec said:

Amusingly, before the 5th generation, you could have Ditto transform into something like a Pidgey, and catch it with just a mere Poke Ball with very little effort.

MnSG said:
Cirdec said:

Amusingly, before the 5th generation, you could have Ditto transform into something like a Pidgey, and catch it with just a mere Poke Ball with very little effort.
Turn it into a Reshiram, congratulations. You just wasted a Master Ball.

Reshiram can't breed, so using a Master Ball on it is understandable, regardless of its catch rate.

True.

Well, considering I had just learned to read when I first played it, lots of stuff. I used to think the gender of a Pokemon affected its stats.

schmutz said:
Well, considering I had just learned to read when I first played it, lots of stuff. I used to think the gender of a Pokemon affected its stats.
same

i thought males had higher atk and females had higher def because i ad two rattatas male and female with the same level, now i know it was natures.

i also thought the male sign meant female and vice versa

Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
schmutz said:
same

i thought males had higher atk and females had higher def because i ad two rattatas male and female with the same level, now i know it was natures.

So did I.

I was just confused as fuck about them. Even though they were color coded by the time I started playing.

Dr. Turnip said:

I was just confused as *bleep* about them. Even though they were color coded by the time I started playing.
my first game was firered. I released all of my nidoran because nidoran (male) who i thought was female, evolved into nidoking

I used to think Meditite evolved into Machoke because of Pokemon cards.

Dr. Turnip said:
marioman1213 said:

I don't follow your logic.
I wish I could show you some pictures, but I don't know how to post pictures.

marioman1213 said:
Dr. Turnip said:
marioman1213 said:

I don't follow your logic.
I wish I could show you some pictures, but I don't know how to post pictures.
Code:
[IMG]http://direct image url[/IMG]
What?

Back