What's your favourite "New Super Mario Bros." Game?

What's your favorite NSMB Game?

• Total voters

euan707

Whomp
What's your favourite NSMB Game? Do you prefer the new ideas of the first version or the golden-ness of the 3DS version. When the Wii U version comes out, I'll update the poll and you can alter your vote.

My favorite has to be the first one. I've played through it so many times that my score counter has almost maxed out at 99 Million.

What's yours?

Nothing beats Wii. I loved that game.

2 looked so awful I didn't even bother getting it.

The first one was ok, but it doesn't work as well on a ds.

New Super Mario said:
Nothing beats Wii. I loved that game.

2 looked so awful I didn't even bother getting it.

The first one was ok, but it doesn't work as well on a ds.

I have the same exact opinion.

I don't remember much of the DS version, but I liked it. It was a fresh new Mario game, had new ideas, and along with that it even had some good mini games and competitive multiplayer.

I like the first one the best because when I first played it, it felt original, so it was 10x more fun playing than all the others. Even if the others were better, honestly, they were unoriginal, so they were pretty boring.

Haven't played NSMB2, but from what I heard about it, it sounds like it sucks. And I didn't actually think NSMBWii was that special, so I voted NSMB1.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii because a gilded piece of crap is not worth my money.

NSMB was a great return to the Mario formula.

Wii however brought back the Koopalings, had 4-player mode, and a few other ideas that worked well. And the Penguin Suit.

I've already said that NSMB2 is basically showing this NSMB series is milked dry.

Gir said:
I've already said that NSMB2 is basically showing this NSMB series is milked dry.

Mliked with three games that come out once a console? Yeah, OK, whatever.

OT: NSMBW. I didn't play 2 yet.

Wii is the best is the best only because of it's hilarious multiplayer.

DonnyKD said:
Gir said:

Milked because their quality is stagnant

DonnyKD said:
Baby Luigi said:
DonnyKD said:
Gir said:

That isn't even close to what milked means, but nice try.
Just because they have a bunch of games, doesn't make them not milked.

And pretty much was BLOF said.

Because honestly, NSMB2 looks awful.

But, I do think they got it going again with U, so yeah, have the NSMB series stick to consoles and give us something like Mario and Luigi on the handhelds.

I'm gonna say Wii, mostly because it introduced four player simultaneous co-op in a platforming game, which I enjoyed very much.

New Super Mario said:
DonnyKD said:
Baby Luigi said:
DonnyKD said:
Gir said:

Milked is COD. 7 games in 6 years is milked.

4 games once a console in 6 years, is NOT milked.

If you count the number of main series Mario titles from Super Mario Bros. to Super Mario Bros. 3, I'd say the ORIGINAL SMB series is more milked than NSMB. If it is at all.

And NSMB2 does not look "awful".

DonnyKD said:
New Super Mario said:
DonnyKD said:
Baby Luigi said:
DonnyKD said:
Gir said:

Milked is COD. 7 games in 6 years is milked.

4 games once a console in 6 years, is NOT milked.

If you count the number of main series Mario titles from Super Mario Bros. to Super Mario Bros. 3, I'd say the ORIGINAL SMB series is more milked than NSMB. If it is at all.

And NSMB2 does not look "awful".

Milked doesn't always mean there is a lot of games in the series it just means that nothing innovative has been done in the series and that the games are just stale.

DonnyKD said:
Gir said:

OT: NSMBW. I didn't play 2 yet.

It's milked because not much was added.

The average person couldn't look at screenshots of Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 3, and Japan and realize they are all the same game series. The average person could look at New Super Mario Bros 1, Wii, 2 and be able to notice they are the same series. Wii U may change that though, as I see some unique stuff. :)

Milking a series is pretty much like playing it safe and disregarding the quality since it will sell anyway. Which is what the New Super Mario Bros. series does.

Back