What's your favorite Mario Item?

euan707

Whomp
What's your favorite Mario item? Mine is either the Blue shell from NSMB or the Golden Mushroom from MK7.

SMB3 - Tanuki Suit
SMW - P-Balloon
SMS - Turbo Nozzle
NSMB - Blue Shell
SMG - Boo Mario
NSMBW - Penguin

Goron said:
SMB3 - Tanuki Suit
SMW - P-Balloon
SMS - Turbo Nozzle
NSMB - Blue Shell
SMG - Boo Mario
NSMBW - Penguin
Good choices. For NSMBW I would have chosen the Propeller suit over the penguin, purely because I prefer the feeling of flying rather than sliding.

Fire Flower or Ice Flower- I literally lose a life if I don't have one of those.
Propellor Suit- That would work too.

Mario Kart: Star and Chain Chomp
Mario Party: Zap Orb, Bowser Phone
Super Mario: Propeller Suit, Blue Shell

Good old Fire Flowers.

In Super Mario Bros. there's really no need for a favourite, each one is a straight upgrade, Mushroom -> Fire Flower -> Star; and Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't particularly power-up oriented. Super Mario Bros. 3 was the first one where there were actual points at which you'd have to choose which power-up to use, in which my favourite is definitely the frog suit. Besides my love of frogs, making my least favourite kind of level(fuck swimming) easier is just plain sweet. That's not to say it's an easy choice, though, the tanuki suit is wicked fun. In Super Mario World, of course it's the cape, for all the same reasons as it was the tanuki suit in Super Mario Bros. 3.

In the 3D games it's a bit harder to pick a favourite item since you generally need to use a specific one in order to do something, less like weapons and more like level-specific gameplay changes, or sometimes the challenge is in doing what needs to be done before the item's time limit runs out. I'd say my favourite in Super Mario 64 is the Wing Cap just because the others don't actually change gameplay much; my favourite in Super Mario Sunshine is the Hover Nozzle, even if it doesn't really count as a power-up since it's the default, I find it way more fun to use than the other nozzles; and my favourite in Super Mario Galaxy is the Ice Flower, because skating is the second coolest way to get around in that game behind flying through space.

I don't know about the NSMB games, but I know the Penguin Suit is fucking awesome. I'll never report back on my favourite SM3DL power-up because I will never play it more.

Frog suit.

For one I love frogs, and too its really dang useful in water, and three it looks awesome.

Mega Mushroom
Rock Mushroom (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
Boomerang Flower (Super Mario 3D land)
Tanooki Suit
Penguin Suit (SMBW)
Ice Flower (SMBW)
Boo Mario (SMG)
Blue Koopa shell(NSMB)
Attack Frog (Mario Party Advance)

Tanooki Suit

Ice Flower

F.L.U.D.D. (isn't exactly a character)