Percy Jackson & the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus

User4042

Celestial Guide
ive read them all, and ive gotta say that theyre really good, and the heroes of olympus series made the books about 3x longer. So yeah.

hate it

cliche, boring, and predictable

Time Turner said:
Radagast the Brown said:
To me, it looked like a Harry Potter ripoff, but I don't really know what's going on there.
The movie was actually directed by the director of the first two HP films, Chris Columbus.
Well I was actually talking about the book, but that's fair too I guess.

I have read the first book back in 2010. It was alright. I haven't bothered to read any of the other books since then.

There were already like three threads related to this so I just bumped the most recent one. Anyway, they're using a completely new kid for the new movie. Can't wait to see how the heck they bring back Luke.

I really liked the books. I do admit that they were a bit childish at times, but I really enjoyed the mythology references, and it really helped me answer questions when we read Odysseus at school (basically Sea of Monsters was Odysseus Percy Jackson-style).

I haven't read the new series though yet. I didn't realize that there is a new set; I plan on getting the new books soon.

good, if not spectacular. i loved the connections to real-life greek mythology, and the battle scenes were superbly done, but IMO luke aside the characters kind of blended together.

Time Turner said:
The books are great, the movie is crap.

Exactly my thoughts btw. The first movie was just a major letdown in terms of what it was like in the book, and hopefully the second movie will stay more true to the book. From the trailers I've seen, it does look like it is more based off the book than the first movie was.

I'm a fan of the series. I've read all the Percy Jackson books and read all the Heroes of Olympus books so far. The movie wasn't that good but I might see the movie of Sea of Monsters at some point. My favourite characters are Percy and Leo.

I do like the series, but it's not the best I've ever read. The characters are a little on the bland side, but I do like the books overall. The movie, on the other hand, was not very good.
Still gonna go see Sea of Monsters, though.

Back