Creepy Pokedex Entries

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
I know part of this thread should be in Surprising Stuff in Pokemon but how about we just discuss about dex entries that you find disturbing? Please?

Pokémon Sapphire Pokedex entry for Regice : REGICE cloaks itself with frigid air of negative 328 degrees F. Things will freeze solid just by going near this POKéMON. Its icy body is so cold, it will not melt even if it is immersed in magma.

Why when his(her) trainer sends him, the trainer is not frozen?

Glalie is pretty scary:
Glalie has the ability to freely control ice. For example, it can instantly freeze its foe solid. After immobilizing its foe in ice, this Pokémon enjoys eating it in leisurely fashion.

Despite being pretty:

Gorebyss will actually shove it's spout-like mouth into the bodies of other pokemon and suck out their body fluids.

One word.

Shedinja.

Just...Shedinja.

[quote author=Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 entries]
A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit.
[/quote]

Pyro said:
One word.

Shedinja.

Just...Shedinja.

[quote author=Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 entries]
A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit.
[/quote]
So what of your playing hg or ss and shedninja turns around?

Pyro said:
One word.

Shedinja.

Just...Shedinja.

[/quote]

I can't believe nothing happens when Shedinja turns it's back at you at HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Miracle Matter said:
Pyro said:
One word.

Shedinja.

Just...Shedinja.

I can't believe nothing happens when Shedinja turns it's back at you at HeartGold/SoulSilver.
[/quote]
Spr_b_5b_292.png

Blue Paratroopa said:
Spoink's Pokedex entry is a lie, since he's still alive in PMD

Don't forget the anime. And I wont sleep for 5 days if they make a episode in the anime based on Hypno's pokedex entry.

Anime is not reliable because everything is possible in the anime. (Metamorph being strong, Pikachu beating Ground Pokémons)

Cirdec said:
(Pikachu beating Ground Pokémons)

(Trip's Serperior beating everything, no matter what the type advantages are)

Drowzee prefers children's dreams because according to them, those dreams are tastier.

Pollux Rui Britannia said:
Drowzee prefers children's dreams because according to them, those dreams are tastier.

I can see why: Children dream about being super-heros, getting a girlfriend, getting rich, separating from their family (those who don't love their family), getting a job, watching awesome movies, getting awesome video games, etc.

The headpiece-thing on Dusknoir's head is actually an antenna that receive signals from spirits in the underworld to bring humans down there.

Pollux Rui Britannia said:
The headpiece-thing on Dusknoir's head is actually an antenna that receive signals from spirits in the underworld to bring humans down there.

*flips table*

Feraligatr: When it bites with its massive and powerful jaws, it shakes its head and savagely tears its victim up.

And it moves fast too:

Although it has a massive body, its powerful hind legs enable it to move quickly, even on the ground.

Scary. I always imagine a Marill getting brutally killed by Feraligatr when I read this.

Pokedex Entry for Banette:
A doll that became a Pokémon over its grudge of being thrown away. It seeks the child who disowned it.

Spoink's Pokedex entry is quite creepy, as it states that if it doesn't keep bouncing, it'll perish. That never happens at all in the anime, as the Spoink that often lost its pearl was still alive when it wasn't bouncing.

Back