Pokémon Generation III

i have my pikachu know fire blast in pearl :smug:

but lets go back to GIII,with gamesharks instead of actionreplays

Dr. Turnip said:
That's why *bleep* you I don't cheat.

nothing wrong with cheating, especially after beating the game.

Of course if you alter movepools and abilities then you need to be hit right in the wingnut.

I consider GameSharks and Action Replays hacking devices because they're hardware that can modify certain game values I think.

Cheating I'm mostly fine with, but hacking is a no

schmutz said:
Honestly it was my least favorite generation. I can't really place it, but there's always been something about it...

Just going to say that I agree with this.

Meowth said:
schmutz said:
Honestly it was my least favorite generation. I can't really place it, but there's always been something about it...

Just going to say that I agree with this.
Per, it never clicked for me like the others.

I love Generation 3, I need to play it more.

However, Gen I is overrated, hands down.

Miracle Matter said:
I love Generation 3, I need to play it more.

However, Gen I is overrated, hands down.

they had a better remake of GI with the E4 and champion's pokemon have lower levels (by 2)

Mariomario64 said:
I consider GameSharks and Action Replays hacking devices because they're hardware that can modify certain game values I think.

Hacking is cheating the game unless you're planning to replace sprites or music only.

It's okay, but I struggle to find decent Pokemon. Seems like every 'mon they introduced in gen 3 was kind of meh. And the whole area was boring and lackluster IMO.

I think Generation l was better.

Mariomario64 said:

The only time when I agree with ARing a cart is when it's a competitive one.
Because perfect IV's and natures are a butt to obtain normally.

Xyresic said:
Mariomario64 said:

The only time when I agree with ARing a cart is when it's a competitive one.
Because perfect IV's and natures are a butt to obtain normally.

Yeah, but don't do it unless your opponents know.

"Take any advantages over the enemy that you can, for there are no rules in battle."

Xyresic said:
"Take any advantages over the enemy that you can, for there are no rules in battle."

There are in online battles.

Zae said:
Xyresic said:

There are in online battles.
Hey man, I challenge you to a tiny cup!
Yeah dude, that's the best!

GO JIGGLYPUFF

Of course, if there ARE rules laid out, don't break them.
If there aren't, take advantage.

Favorite Gen by far, but I can see why it's not for everyone. I think it's something you had to grow up with to enjoy. For me, the expansive and diverse world, nostalgic music, fortree and pacifidlog... this was the first game that was really mine. I remember Blue and Gold, and Blue with my bro was fun and gold was great, but fixing the box system, natures, attack/defense and special attack/defense were revelutions to the series. And I love the Pokemon, despite the fact that I think this gen has some of the most least memorable pokemon of any Gen (GOREBYSS). It holds some of my favorite Pokemon, including Aron, Swablu, Seedot, Electrike and Rayquaza. The story in this game was better than in any other, and each version was so different, and not just trivial differences like Black and White, but the entire story changed.

I agree gen I is way overrated. Nostaligia may get to people a bit to much when rating these. In my opinion, Gens I and II were really a chore with the Box System, and if I were to rate them I'd rate them off their remakes and not the original games, because let's face it: after playing the newer ones, could you ever go back to that box system, those graphics, no special attack/defense, no dark or steel, bug supereffective against poison, no natures, no genders, no abilities? Everything would feel so weird. Thus my vote goes:

• Emerald
  • Sapphire
  • Ruby
  • Soul Silver
  • Heart Gold
  • Black 2
  • White 2
  • Black
  • White
  • Fire Red
  • Leaf Green
  • Yellow
  • Crystal
  • Platinum
  • Gold
  • Blue
  • Silver
  • Diamond
  • Pearl
  • Red

With Gen III in first, followed by (remake) II, IV, (remake) I, and finally my least favorite Gen IV.

Back