Mother/Earthbound discussion

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
IIT, you discuss about the Earthbound/Mother series' games.

I love Mother 1, it's the best NES RPG in my opinion, there was a prototype english version of this game, this game sold badly in North America according to someone in youtube.

I emulate all of Mother's games because I don't have a SNES/NES. I do have a GBA to play Mother 3 but I'm afraid of telling me my mom to buy it T_T

Mother 2, fun game, also most of the music is sad and adorable at the same time :O Also, the plot is pretty Sonic CD-ish when it comes down to defeating someone in the Past. This game's melodies were better than Mother 1.

Mother 3, fun and very sad game. This game touched my heart on the part where Lucas' mother dies T_T I wouldn't like to have my mother to die too...

Also, the enemy designs and the concept of running was awesome

This is the best RPG for GBA in my opinion.

I've actually haven't played much of the series. Well technically I have played Earthbound but only the very beginning with Ness on a ROM. I didn't get past the part where the Police Officers are blocking your way. I've at least seen a full Let's Play of Mother 3, and yeah it had a pretty amazing story. Most of my respect for the franchise however comes from the Smash Bros series. I have never played a full Earthbound game nor have I even seen it all in a Let's Play but thanks to SSB I really, really like Ness.

Speaking of which does anyone have any recommendations for a great Let's Play of Earthbound to watch? I'd try Chuggaa's but I don't know if I like the Quality of that one. He had a much lower quality then he did in later LPs.

O_O

I got interest in the Mother series because of Ness in SSB too!

I always won using him in SSB so I became interested in the series and I tried it out!

Bronto Burt said:
O_O

I got interest in the Mother series because of Ness in SSB too!

I always won using him in SSB so I became interested in the series and I tried it out!

Well I'm sure it's not a rare thing. I bet Earthbound/Mother wouldn't have gained nearly as much of a following if it had not been represented in the roster of the Smash Bros. games.

Northern Verve said:
Speaking of which does anyone have any recommendations for a great Let's Play of Earthbound to watch? I'd try Chuggaa's but I don't know if I like the Quality of that one. He had a much lower quality then he did in later LPs.

PlayingWithMahWii's playthrough of it was absolutely great (one of my favorite LPs of all time). Starts off somewhat meh-ish I guess but really improves when he brings in the co-commentators for the respective characters.

Anyways, I've played a bit of Earthbound (up to Threed iirc) Absolutely great game

honestly I enjoy the Mother series.

Mother/Earthbound Zero: I found it a bit boring and difficult, but the battles were ok but I really liked Queen Mary, Magicant and the way you defeat Giegue.

Mother 2/Earthbound: this one is better than previous and had more improvements that made it unique, funny places, weird character, cool boss battles, a good story (not as good as Mother 3), some really cool places like Lumine Hall or Magnet Hill (a magnetic hill?). it also introduced us the rolling hp bar and one of the most disturbing bosses (other than the half life or horror ones but he came here before them) Giygas.

Mother 3/ Earthbound 2: This one is my favorite out of the 3. Great story which is also heart trending (I'd say sad instead of heart trending), interesting characters, funnny moments, some plot twists that make flip off, very interesting enemies, Boss battles that are difficult but you try to keep your cool you lose again and again until you do it right, the best dungeon ever (Toilet dungeon anyone?) and the most tragic ending ever and last of all some references to Earthbound /Mother 2 (Friend's Yo-yo).

AS FOR MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS.

Mother/ EB0: Ninten, Teddy and Loid... also flying man counts.

Mother 2/ EB: The four main characters and some characters like Dungeon man (Brick Road), Dr Andonuts, Pokey Minch and Buzz Buzz.

Mother 3/ EB2: The four main characters are my favorites, salsa is kind of meh but I like his part of the story, Flint... is the awesome lone wolf kind of character. The magpysies(it's spelled like that?) are interestings as if their origin were a mystery and no one knew how old they were, Fassad is also a good anti-hero (the kind that doesn't help the protagonists, salsa is an exception...) (HE kind of reminds me of Wario and He has greed and fassad means facade or corruption since greed is what corrupts people and makes them do bad things), Masked man is just plain epic. as for the main characters, I like Lucas and he makes me go D'awww (same goes for boney), imagining how Duster does his combos by just kicking is crazy, Kumatora reminds me of Dashie so I am kind of fond of her.

Northern Verve said:

Actually, the quality is fine, especially for his first LP. He knows pretty much every secret and interesting trivia, of course that's because he has the strategy guide. Anyway, it's not bad.

Back