What happened to MLPiT?

Knife

Searching for adventure
Retired Wiki Staff
What happened to MLPiT? The first game MLSS was much more fun.

-For one, the Bros. Attack were replaced by Bros. Items, making the attacks a bit easier to use and less fun.

-The story line was not that creative and confused the whole Mario Series storyline.

-Gameplay was very short and had bad replay value. The game took about 10 hours to complete.

-Too many dungeons, and not enough NPCs or towns.

-Enemy battles were repetitive and confusing with the babies. The M&L battle system just can't support many party members.

-The babies were not very creative new party members and were almost close to nothing.

-The castle was used as a hub to all other areas, causing it to become repetitive and boring. A big overworld would solve this problem.

-The game used almost no DS features with the exception of the scene where Mario rubs the ink off the sketch. It was a pretty low standard for a DS game. The double scrreen was not that helpful either.

I could rant all day about the imperfections of MLPiT.

While I agree with you that PiT did not live up to it predecessor, I feel I must impart some words of wisdom to you:

QUIT WHINING.

OK, got that off my chest. It's a sub-par game, sure. But it was great, nontheless. I actually preferred the Bros. Items as there were more of them and they were creative. With the Bros. Attacks, Mario and Luigi were just throwin each other around. Plus, you weren't constantly in need of Syrups.

I think the babies were a nice addition. More damage capabilities.

What I really wanted to return was the Special Effects from the Badges. Sure, PiT had effects, but not as good ones as SSS.

Spike said:
What happened to MLPiT? The first game MLSS was much more fun.

1. For one, the Bros. Attack were replaced by Bros. Items, making the attacks a bit easier to use and less fun.

2. The story line was not that creative and confused the whole Mario Series storyline.

3. Gameplay was very short and had bad replay value. The game took about 10 hours to complete.

4. Too many dungeons, and not enough NPCs or towns.

5. Enemy battles were repetitive and confusing with the babies. The M&L battle system just can't support many party members.

6. The babies were not very creative new party members and were almost close to nothing.

7. The castle was used as a hub to all other areas, causing it to become repetitive and boring. A big overworld would solve this problem.

8. The game used almost no DS features with the exception of the scene where Mario rubs the ink off the sketch. It was a pretty low standard for a DS game. The double scrreen was not that helpful either.

I could rant all day about the imperfections of MLPiT.

1. Well, at least you could beat the final boss easier, and I thought it was fun finding different Bros. Items!

2. Not only that, but the story was really dark. But it wasn't as confusing as you think. But I got a rant right here: All the enemies were Shroobs except some!

3. 10 HOURS!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: More like two weeks for me, but true that it was short.

4. Yes, many dungeons, and not many NPCs and Towns...true....

5. Yes, very confusing especially when you're about to hammer. sometimes you forget the babies are there and press A instead of X. However, it made the game more challenging.

6. They were kinda cute, and made the game funnier thought.

7. Yeah, true that it was boring...

8. The part I hated the most. You could have chosen the enemy who you want to attack by touching him and doing a lot of other cool stuff with the sylus! And it would have been even cooler if you could use the microphone in the game.

And fianlly, I hope the next Mario & Luigi game they make is better. You are right Spike about the game being bad, however it still has some good stuff in it.

I'm just sayin' that the game lost most of its spice. There were some pros:

-BGM was awesome! :D

-It was funny, but still not as funny as MLSS. It was blended in with many dark elements.

-The enemies (shroobs) were interesting.

Other than that the game was flawed. The lack of DS features may be because it may have originally planned and formatted for the GBA and adding too many DS features may have caused them to start creating the game from scratch. That does not excuse MLPiT from being bad, though.

I don't blame Alpha Dream. The game was rushed to be created and the development team wasn't as big. The Cons outweigh the Pros.

You all believe opposite of me I guess. XD Here's some arguments:

1. I thought the Bros. items were a lot funner to use and addicting, loved getting more and more and so many to choose from.

2. The storyline was quite original, I think Mario Party 7 had one of the most pathetic storylines of all, and this is one of the first alien attack Mario games, and yet the aliens still had the Mario feeling as Shroom resemblers. (There was of course Tatanga in SML.)

3. You must have rushed through it. I actually battled enemies around me and stuff, yeah... I looked for all the treaure and such, too, but yeah, it was lacking of areas and could have had more time to offer. =(

4. It didn't need very many towns because the new origin of this game was to keep coming back to Peach's castle and purchase from the store when you came back and such, therefore there wasn't much need to towns.

5. Hmm, true, but I got the hang of it with the babies. I had no problems with them whatsoever.

6. o_O The babies were awesome, they made it so funny too.

7. YES I AGREE WITH THIS.

8. Yeah, there's another downfall for the game, I kept expecting to use the stylus for something and was actually shocked when it actually asked me near the end of the game to use my stylus. I was like "OH NOW YOU WANT ME TO USE IT?" XD But really, I agree.

And some of my own opinions:

-Great music. Toadwood Forest's theme was so exhilerating if I even am thinknig of what that means, the boss battle musics were trippy and catchy, and so forth. I also liked the title music.

-I think the game was a good use of my time, I enjoyed playing it, I had fun, and I'm happy I bought it. I think that's all that really matters for now. I'll definetely be getting the next sequel.

P.S. I never finished either one of the two M&L games. XD I always quitted at the last parts (dungeons) of both of them. Shroob Castle was freaking stressing, as much as I leveled up. I couldn't beat it. I probably could, but I'm so lazy and already know what happens, via youtube.

One of the parts I hated the most was the Shroobs.

ALMOST ALL THE ENEMIES IN THE GAME WERE SHROOBS! %80 of the enemies were Shroobs!

Ooops....

I bumped a really old topic. Sorry!

You sure did, and while its dead, let me say this:

Dearly beloved we Gather here to burythis old Topic.

What happened to MLPiT?

Oct. 21, 2006 - Dec. 24, 2006

R.I.P

Who said it was dead, I'm Not WarioLoaf ........

*whistles and walks away from Forum thread*

This game was all right. I give it 7 out of 10. For poor replay value, bad use of DS function, And it was WAY to easy. Beat in 3 hours. *But it was more challenging than Yoshi's story. 1 hour. Hotel room*

*WarioLoaf, after getting it "on", comes to his sences and kicks Paper Jorge in the balls*

3 hours? Impossible. You must be a gaming GOD!

Hmm.... your (WarioLoaf) spamming has actually SAVED a topic, and to think you were going to bury it. *Kicks... all... repliants... that... post... after... me...

Back