Dinosaurs

My favourite Dinosaur is the Triceratops cause he's cool as shit. 8)

Threekayzod said:
I'm noticing a disturbing lack of love for the velociraptor.

Those were overall scarier then the T-Rex was in the Jurassic Park movies. Though that was the whole point.

Doesn't Rex mean "king", thus meaning the Tyrannosaurus Rex is the king of dinosaurs and isn't the T-Rex bigger than velociraptors?

Then again, Velociraptors can run and jump are just as carnivorous as T-Rexes.

Yeesh, now I remember another reason why I prefer the triceratop and brontosaur.

but Jurassic Park was wrong about Velociraptors! They were not nearly that large in reality, and they actually had feathers!

seriously, feathered dinosaurs are way more interesting than boring old scaled ones
feathers.png

Don Pianta said:
Doesn't Rex mean "king", thus meaning the Tyrannosaurus Rex is the king of dinosaurs and isn't the T-Rex bigger than velociraptors?

Then again, Velociraptors can run and jump are just as carnivorous as T-Rexes.

Yeesh, now I remember another reason why I prefer the triceratop and brontosaur.

Well I'm not saying that if I saw a T-Rex in my Backyard and a Velociraptor I wouldn't be scared of the T-Rex.

It's just that because the Raptor is smaller and much faster. There's barely anyway to run or hide from it. Plus in Jurassic Park they made them pretty damn intelligent (Opening doors and the like). Also a Death by Raptor claw and jaws is more gruesome and slower then being nommed on by a T-Rex (At least untl the Raptor uses it's jaws to break or bite the neck like it did a few times in the Jurassic Park series)

And true Dippy. But it doesn't really change they were the real horror part in the Jurassic Park series regardless if they got everything wrong (Frankly back then every Dinosaur fact book had it wrong. You can't blame Jurassic Park for something that wasn't common knowledge yet). And pretty much all Raptors turned out to have feathers. But oh well.

Yeah for a better one there is this Utahraptor size comparison. For the green one though. EVen the Jurassic Park Raptor wasn't as big as the grey one

Utahraptor_scale.png

Can anyone truly prove what a dinosaur's skin looked like? Or how they went extinct? Or what their behavior was like? Or if the Triceratops is my favorite? Oh, wait.... :P

J-Yoshi64 said:
Can anyone truly prove what a dinosaur's skin looked like? Or how they went extinct? Or what their behavior was like? Or if the Triceratops is my favorite? Oh, wait.... :P

Well there have been mummified remains that still has the imprints of reptile scales. And the most common believed theory is still a giant asteroid. But yeah we'll never really know unless if Time Machines were actually possible and we went back long enough to study (And survive!) and head back.

Northern Verve said:
J-Yoshi64 said:

Well there have been mummified remains that still has the imprints of reptile scales. And the most common believed theory is still a giant asteroid. But yeah we'll never really know unless if Time Machines were actually possible and we went back long enough to study (And survive!) and head back.
Back to the Future meets Jurassic Park.

id hate it if scientists said this

"TRexes have feathers!" in public

everyone would boo them off the stage

Dinosauron! Please tell me I'm the first one to make that pun

On an on-topic note, I've got a friend who is called the same as the Herrerasaurus. Except for the "saurus" part, of course.

NotABannableOffense said:
Sharks, best dinosaurs ever.

Sharks aren't dinosaurs

Ancestors of sharks, maybe, but not sharks

Regardless, it still wouldn't be a "shark" if it was a "dinosaur" as they are entirely different species.

You can have prehistoric sharks, but they aren't technically dinosaurs.

(of course, where else can you talk about prehistoric stuff... i say you should just go ahead and discuss them here)

Back