Super High-School Level Dangan Ronpa Discussion! (Spoilers ahead!)

Who is your favorite DR2 character?

• Hajime Hinata

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nagito Komaeda

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Chiaki Nanami

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Teruteru Hanamura

• Sonia Nevermind

• Peko Pekoyama

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Byakuya Togami

• Kazuichi Souda

• Nekomaru Nidai

• Ibuki Mioda

• Akane Owari

• Mikan Tsumiki

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gundam Tanaka

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Hiyoko Saionji

• Mahiru Koizumi

• Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu

• Monobear

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Usami

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Quick question, why, how often and how long are these paywells.

NSY said:
Quick question, why, how often and how long are these paywells.

There would be no need to make an account if people can see all the content without signing up. They put them up as an incentive to get people to buy an account.

I think I've seen about 4 paywalls from when I started reading. One of them was a month long, the others were shorter.

A new update was posted, but still can't see it.@_@

Someone should buy an account for all of us to share and then the owner can PM us the password.

Someone should, especially since we're not going to be getting mirrored updates anymore.@_@

Chiaki did.@_@

Don't think he size that quote the post/PM he said it in.

Chiaki just told me over PM. I'm pretty upset about it, because Oren is ripping people off by letting his LP be used to get SA more money.

That's stupid.
Vote: RY

Get in here and explain.

I hate that people keep saying that. I appreciate that Oren posts the LP and puts all that effort into doing so, but, having interacted with him personally, he's not actually very nice. And I dislike that he puts his LP on a site that censors it and will often prevent people from seeing it, unless they pay. No one should have to pay for a forum, and what are you paying for? It doesn't seem like a particularly safe or friendly forum, and people are always getting banned over the stupidest stuff. Oren knows SA is using his LP to force people to pay, yet he goes along with that, despite claiming he just wants to share the game with people. Then, he even goes so far as forbidding mirrors?

Chiaki Nanami said:
Simply put, Oren has stated that he does not enjoy getting his LP mirrored. And I will respect that.
Ok
Unvote

Paying for a forum is stupid, full stop. Someone buy an account and let all of us use it. Just make sure that only people who are trusted can see it.

They just want money.

Not joining them.

Souda-kun said:
I hate that people keep saying that. I appreciate that Oren posts the LP and puts all that effort into doing so, but, having interacted with him personally, he's not actually very nice. And I dislike that he puts his LP on a site that censors it and will often prevent people from seeing it, unless they pay. No one should have to pay for a forum, and what are you paying for? It doesn't seem like a particularly safe or friendly forum, and people are always getting banned over the stupidest stuff. Oren knows SA is using his LP to force people to pay, yet he goes along with that, despite claiming he just wants to share the game with people. Then, he even goes so far as forbidding mirrors?

the point of sa is "don't post like a fucking idiot and you won't get banned"

it doesn't matter whether oren is "nice" or not, you still have to realize that he's doing this with help from only one other person, and that if he doesn't want his lp mirrored you should respect his wishes and a: buy an account or b: just stop being impatient and wait for the paywall to go down

It's a contradiction with what he claims his goals are. And by letting SA use his LP like that, he is no better than them.

While I agree that the mods on SA seem to be quite ban-happy and the community seems quite uptight and self-absorbed from the experiences I've had with it all, it is expensive to host a forum and the server it is on. The site even states at the top:
We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SA is a very large community and therefore needs a lot of space and bandwidth. I see no problem with paying for something of quality that you may enjoy. Therefore, if you truly enjoy the LP of Dangan Ronpa I see no reason why you would be so unwilling to pay, or, as turb said, just be patient and wait for the wall to come down because that's still an option.

I agree with Brock.

We just wait and be patient.

The last time I did that, with the previous game, I ended up having the entire thing spoiled for me.

Why would I be willing to play? It's not a community I find enjoyable, it's too easy to get banned, and I don't believe you should have to pay money to join a forum. Plenty of other large forums manage to let people join for free. And besides, I shouldn't have to join just for the LP, when there's nothing else there that interests me.

I waited just as long as you did and I was never spoiled. That's most likely your own fault for not being careful and a lesson learned for this time around. So, if you don't want to pay, then I guess you're going to have to wait just like me and everyone else.

That makes signing up even more useless.

And I was very careful. It was other people who were careless.

No, it was you. Most likely you were looking shit up and saw something. I was careful and didn't do that because I knew there were most likely spoilers in places. You cannot expect everyone on the internet to stop posting things because you don't want to see them; it must be of your own will and action to prevent yourself from seeing spoilers. It's not likely people actively sought you down to tell you what happened, right?

What is your problem? First off, not appreciating the hostility. Second, you don't know anything about what happened, so who are you to insist it's my fault? I am very careful when it come to spoilers. Someone publicly posted spoilers in a place where they should not have, and they neglected to hide them the way they were supposed to.

Back