RIP Neil Armstrong

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
From NBC:

Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, died Saturday, weeks after heart surgery and days after his 82nd birthday.

Armstrong commanded the Apollo 11 spacecraft that landed on the moon on July 20, 1969, and he radioed back to Earth the historic news of "one giant leap for mankind." He spent nearly three hours walking on the moon with fellow astronaut Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin.

Armstrong and his wife married, Carol, in 1999 and made their home in the Cincinnati suburb of Indian Hill, but he has largely stayed out of public view in recent years.

He spoke at Ohio State University during a February event honoring fellow astronaut John Glenn and the 50th anniversary of Glenn becoming the first American to orbit the Earth. In May, Armstrong joined Gene Cernan, the last man to walk on the moon, at Pensacola Naval Air Station in Florida to support the opening of The National Flight Academy, which aims to teach math and science to kids through an aviation-oriented camp.

The original broadcast of the moon landing:

Rest in Peace.

Holy crap, this is quite a shock. Rest in peace.

Rest in peace, Mr. Armstrong. What you did will never be forgotten.

Tony Scott, Jerry Nelson, and now Neil Armstrong?

This is such a shame that we've lost one of the most influential figures in the human race.

Farewell, first man on the moon.

That's just to bad, but you know what they say, we'll all die someday.

And hey, 82 years isn't that bad of a run.

So the end of the world prophecy apparently is true....

RIP Neil Armstrong

Baby Luigi said:
Bane said:
Baby Luigi said:
So the end of the world prophecy apparently is true....

Wat

So many great people dying in 2012

No, the world does not end here, my lad. Their times are simply coming to an end. Death is just another path. One that we all must take. The grey-rain curtain rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

There are some real dipshits out there.

I also hate how some people are tweeting "Who is Neil Armstrong", especially without saying RIP out of respect.

It's just sad.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
*image*
(kill me)

Can we kill them instead? Anyway, this was the only real news I read all day. His influence on space exploration will (hopefully) never be forgotten.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Oh my god, that's the worst thing you can possibly do on the internet besides vote for TTYD on worst game.

Fuck them, and R.I.P. Neil Armstrong. You will be missed dearly.

First man to land on Mr. Shine the Majora's Mask moon moon quarters the moon.

Back