The language thread

Anser

King Bowser
This is a thread where we can all talk about the languages we know. I'm from Venezuela, so I speak Spanish. I learned English when I was six and right now I'm learning French. Speaking of which, I need someone to help me. I need someone to translate to French the following sentence: "Thank you very much! I miss your classes... Take care!". Think you can help me, please?

English is my native language, as I'm from good ol' PA. I take French at school.

Anser said:
Speaking of which, I need someone to help me. I need someone to translate to French the following sentence: "Thank you very much! I miss your classes... Take care!". Think you can help me, please?

"Merci beaucoup! Je m'ennuie de vos cours... Prenez soin de vous!" I'm assuming this is formal since it seems like you're talking with a teacher.

Is your message adressing to a teacher? Is the class finished or it will end soon? If the class is already finished, you need to say:

Merci beaucoup! Je m'ennuie déjà de vos cours. Prenez soin de vous!

If the class will end soon, you need to say :

Merci beaucoup! Je vais m'ennuyer de vos cours. Prenez soin de vous!

I thought there was already a thread for this but whatever

I only know English, although I wish I could learn Japanese sometime in my life.

I'm from Mexico, so I'm a native Spanish speaker. I like to think I have a near-native English level. I've studied German for three years so I can speak it and understand it, but I still have some grammar problems. And I just stated learning French.

I was born in Quebec, so both English and French are my native languages. I speak English a lot better than I speak French, though. I'm also from a Portuguese family, so I've learned some Portuguese.

There are a lot of Threads about languages already.
But anyway:
Polish (Native)
Dutch (Native)
English (Decent/Fluent)
German (Basic)
Japanese (Basic)

My native language is Swedish, and I'd say that I'm near-fluent when it comes to English. I can also understand some Spanish, but not communicate using the language.

English (Native)
French (Very Basic)

English (Native)
Spanish (Very, very basic)

I speak fluent English.

Io parlo un poco italiano.

English
Italian (to some extent)
Hebrew (I can read it and pronounce it but I have no clue what it means)

Someone told me that I should say "Prends soin de toi" for "Take care", since she's my teacher but hates being treated so formally, as she is pretty young. Is that gramatically correct?

English (Native)
Italian (Fluent in reading and writing, but I have trouble speaking it in conversation)
Klingon (A bit)

Anser said:
Someone told me that I should say "Prends soin de toi" for "Take care", since she's my teacher but hates being treated so formally, as she is pretty young. Is that gramatically correct?

Well, that's the correct informal version. It would probably be considered improper to an actual Francophone teacher unless they had requested to be addressed informally.

I speak Tagalog (Native) and English. I have been using English a lot more in the recent years so my Tagalog is becoming a bit "eh" now.

I'm learning Japanese, but there's only been four days of school so far so I haven't learned much.

Back