Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Sports

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Snowstalker

Snowstalker
Ladies and gentlemen of the Mario Wiki Forums Mario Boards, we hear many complaints about how Nintendo is either making its games more and more generic or overly simplifying them; the most recent title to bear the brunt of criticism is the brand-new NSMB2. So, as the faithful fans of the series, let's collaboratively design our own game. I declare myself captain (sorry), but we'll have those who sign on to be artists and level designers, as well as the board members themselves, who may vote by either this poll above or by posting. We won't send it to Nintendo or anything (they never accept this stuff), but we will, when/if it is completed, marvel at what the minds of the Mario Boards can do. My first question: What genre of Mario game should we build?

We would design levels, have "official" art, and maybe have a storyline.

I'm learning how to programming and desgining video games at school this year, I can help make your fan game

I was actually thinking just of design and art, not making the game itself. Though that could be what we do at the end.

Making game is better than design and have downloads for PC and Mac

Also I have greatest idea, mix with 2D and 3D, have 2D stages and 3D stages, mix them together, half of stage is 2D and 3D, in turns

Like, Luigi enter the 3D world, then enter certain switches or pipe to enter another level but it is 2D, same as Super Paper Mario but with no flipping

Also one more thing, Luigi can "time travel" to enter SMB, SMB2, SMB3, SMW, SM64, SMS, SMG1/2 styled level and Mario space stuff with gravity is hard to program but I could do it. Also we can make 2D Mario games to be 3D and 3D Mario games to be 2D, Super Mario 64 can have levels to be 2D and SMW levels can be 3D. In certain area, not whole level.

4th edit, I forgot about RPG, we can add it to that too

collab in reggie for everyone that has homebrew channel

please because i suck at game maker

Um no, not Reggie. I want a far more diverse and innovative outline, not a NSMBW hack. This is about concept, art, and design, not necessarily an actual game.

I think we need to make fan game, maybe we do desgining here then we can make the game programming

Ventus said:
Like, Luigi enter the 3D world, then enter certain switches or pipe to enter another level but it is 2D, same as Super Paper Mario but with no flipping
Makes me think of Crush 3D.

Pyro said:
collab in reggie for everyone that has homebrew channel

please because i suck at game maker
Well, it can be made with Game Maker, but be put on internet for download. For example on a YoYoGames account.

Gummy said:
Um no, not Reggie. I want a far more diverse and innovative outline, not a NSMBW hack. This is about concept, art, and design, not necessarily an actual game.
well i could probably take a stab at custom sprites if you want

or sprite recoloring

Yeah, sprites for 2D world and certain things in 3D world

I need to know how gamemaker work, I want to make this game downloadable from internet, that's it, not need certain apps to run it

I use Blender and Unity but I don't know how to use it and maybe we can ask creator of Paper Mario Epix fan game which program that he is using

heres a little something i whipped up in a few minutes
WrwEr.png

the hud is bad and the hearts clash a bit

also the background sucks

but it was the best i can do

i have paint what do you expect

I wish I can help but I already work a video game company and I know i'm just a kid but I can get sewed because if you don't believe me just go red bomb games.blog spot.com and next post ill put a game. so anyways I just write things here to support company's i'm a fan of. so just whatever you know forget about it.

Back