Masahiro Sakurai talks Super Smash Bros. 4

Lucas is already similar enough to Ness.

Even though he was much better.

As I said, time shouldn't be the issue, it's how they use it that matters.

Also, I'm glad they aren't going big on the out-of-Nintendo characters. No offense to the fans, but Sonic was so annoying, and it pissed me off in Subspace Emissary, where Taboo is about to attack again and Sonic happens to come out of nowhere and stop the attack that made everyone trophies like it was nothing. It made me feel like Sonic was some out-of-this-world deity, even though he's lucky Nintendo allowed him to be in the game alongside with Solid Snake.

The Dark Knight said:
If they're gonna add one, make it Mega Man

I agree.

Gummy said:
It's Namco, so they'll presumably stick in Pacman.

Eh, maybe it's just me but I can't imagine Pac-Man being a very good character, and don't really want to see him in the next SSB.

I can't imagine his moveset being very diverse, even with the giant wooden robot.

supermariofan said:
My guess is we'll see 5 third parties and I find these characters likely:
Epic Mickey
Travis Touchdown
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Geno
I find your lack of common sense, disturbing.

supermariofan said:
Epic Mickey
Travis Touchdown
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Geno
7 third parties - no
mickey - hell no
travis touchdown - no
mega man - yes
pac man - no
geno - hell no

I asked Nintendo about Mickey and here's what I said:

I know you're against the idea of adding anime/cartoon characters, but Epic Mickey was a huge game, he had a neat looking design, it's one of the best-selling games for Wii, and there are others who want to see him (In Epic Mickey form), plus it would be neat to see him clash with Mario, and it could technically make him a game character so could you add the Epic Mickey version of Mickey Mouse in the next Smash Bros for Wii U?

Now here's what they said:

Thanks for writing. As you may know, the president and CEO of Nintendo Company Ltd., Mr. Iwata, stated that our fans can expect another release in this series on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. However, as a company, we have not officially announced the American release of this game for Wii U. I can, however, understand your wanting to contact us regarding which characters you'd like to see included. I'm happy to document your comments about Epic Mickey and share them with other departments here at Nintendo.

We often hear from excited Super Smash Bros. fans asking if a particular character can be included. I don't want to dampen any excitement you feel about the series, but I want to make it clear that until Nintendo makes an official announcement of a particular game there is nothing we have to share about it-regardless of any rumors you may have heard or announcements from Nintendo subsidiaries elsewhere in the world.

If or when we do make an official announcement about a new Super Smash Bros. game, we will share all the exciting details on our website (www.nintendo.com). Until that happens, we appreciate your patience and ask that you continue checking the website.

Sincerely,

Karen Johnson
Nintendo of America Inc.

So he could be possible

Most likely would be Holiday/Late 2013 or more likely, early 2014, in E3 2007, Reggie said SSBB would release on December 3rd 2007, then it got delayed 3 months.

However, the SSBB trailer was released the year that the Wii came out, this is the year the Wii U comes out and still no trailer, I would say anytime up to early 2015 is possible, I expect a trailer at E3 2013.

supermariofan said:
So he could be possible
Dude, that's not directed at you. It's most likely a basic script that they use whenever Nintendo of America replies to a Smash Bros. fan's request to add new characters.

supermariofan said:
IceShadow1195 said:
I would be perfectly fine if they added Ninten from the Mother series in there.
How can you tell the difference between him and Ness? What if it's Ninten vs Ness?

Ninten has darker colors, he has a red bandana on his neck that is not visible in the games.

Also Ninten's hair and stripes are different from Ness.

supermariofan said:
Epic Mickey
Travis Touchdown
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Geno
Dude. That is a horrible list. Pac man and Mega Man are good, but everything else his terrible.

supermariofan said:
Epic Mickey
Travis Touchdown

AHAHAHAHA no

Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
My guess is we'll see 3 third parties and I find these characters likely:
Solid Snake
Sonic

Mega Man
That's better.

That's the list I'd like to see.

Snake is probably less likely to return than Sonic; the third parties may be Sonic, Megaman, and Pacman (not a supporter of him, but I guarantee he'll be a character)

Gummy said:
Snake is probably less likely to return than Sonic; the third parties may be Sonic, Megaman, and Pacman (not a supporter of him, but I guarantee he'll be a character)
If Snake isn't returning I hope Simon Belmont will take his place
Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Solid Snake
Sonic

Mega Man
That's better.
That's not what I said
I know. I fixed what you said (perhaps I should have said "Fixed"). I bolded what I added.
Also why do I need to mention the third parties who are already in the game

Gummy said:
If Snake is out...

Well, this is how Hugh will put it.

"I'm going to rage now!"

Smasher said:
supermariofan said:
Epic Mickey
Travis Touchdown

AHAHAHAHA no

Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Simon Belmont
Sonic

Mega Man
That's better.

That's the list I'd like to see.
Ah, now I think that list looks MUCH better. Metal Gear should stick to PlayStation All-Stars in my opinion.

Snake >>>>>>>> Belmont.

You know what? If Konami does switch Snake over to PSASBR, and they make Snake not return, I'd be fine with just Sonic and Mega Man.

Back