Should Rare come back to Nintendo?

Should Rare come back to Nintendo?

• Yes, Microsoft doesn't handle them that well

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • No, I love Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and the remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
You know that Rare can't come back it's physically impossible for them to come back to Nintendo...now they can be sold to Nintendo but that's not the same thing

Microsoft butchered those franchises.

Marshal Dan Troop said:
You know that Rare can't come back it's physically impossible for them to come back to Nintendo...now they can be sold to Nintendo but that's not the same thing
Nintendo is trying to get them back

supermariofan said:
Marshal Dan Troop said:
Nintendo is trying to get them back
So says the internet...now tell me which Nintendo press release says this

Apparently, the same anonymous person who brought this up also said that Retro Studios is developing a Banjo-Kazooie game...gotta love rumors, eh Shoey?

Byakuya Togami said:
Apparently, the same anonymous person who brought this up also said that Retro Studios is developing a Banjo-Kazooie game...gotta love rumors, eh Shoey?
No you don't because then you get idiots like this guy (no offense) believing it when in reality Nintendo (or more then likely Rare) is simply trying to get Microsoft to allow them to develop games for the 3DS

i hate polls like this

nintendo would do nothing good for rare, so i can't vote yes

but n&b was pretty shit, and everything i've heard about conker reloaded has been bad, so i can't vote no

what to do, what to do...

rare shouldnt come back to nintendo, they should just get the rights to the characters back while rare can go fuck themselves for making piece of shit games

as much as im sure we all hate nintendo theyd give the series a proper platforming revival so its all good

plus banjo in smash bros yeah

win wins were had all around

That's not a win win that's a win for nintendo but not a win for Rare or Microsoft...

Considering the fact that Nintendo was the ones who dropped Rare in the first place, I don't see it happening.

Toad85 said:
Considering the fact that Nintendo was the ones who dropped Rare in the first place, I don't see it happening.
Why do you not know what your talking about Nintendo only owned 49% of rare

dude, bro

dude

calm down

it's not the end of the world for someone to not know the history of the corporate relationship between rare and nintendo as well as you do

Makoto Naegi said:
dude, bro

dude

calm down

it's not the end of the world for someone to not know the history of the corporate relationship between rare and nintendo as well as you do
I know this but it's annoying to watch someone make the same exact error in every thread about this

Honestly, at this point, I couldn't care less. Rare is dead to me now. They're just not the same company they used to be.

Solar Blaze said:
Honestly, at this point, I couldn't care less. Rare is dead to me now. They're just not the same company they used to be.
Well duh they take there orders from Microsoft which is why they make the games they make since Kinect Adventures is way more profitable then any banjo kazooie game

Not really. Kinect Adventures was a pack in game, which inflated its sales numbers far above what it was really worth.

A better comparison is Kinect Sports. Kinect Sports sold some 4.38 million units at 49.99 2010 dollars, or 52.61 2012 dollars, each. This comes to a total value of $230 million, in 2012 dollars.

Banjo-Kazooie, on the other hand, sold about 3.65 million units at 49.99 1998 dollars, or $70.38 2012 dollars, each. This comes to a total value of $257 million, in 2012 dollars. As you can see, this makes Banjo-Kazooie the more valuable of the two games. I would also speculate that it had a lower total production cost than Kinect Sports, but of course I have no way of proving that.

Actually as it turns out I was wrong Rare made Kinect Sports not Kinect Adventures which sold 3 million copies at probably around $60 each
Also I doubt Banjo kazooie has a lower production cost then Kinect Sports if you add in the cost of Cartridges

Makoto Naegi said:
Not really. Kinect Adventures was a pack in game, which inflated its sales numbers far above what it was really worth.

A better comparison is Kinect Sports. Kinect Sports sold some 4.38 million units at 49.99 2010 dollars, or 52.61 2012 dollars, each. This comes to a total value of $230 million, in 2012 dollars.

Banjo-Kazooie, on the other hand, sold about 3.65 million units at 49.99 1998 dollars, or $70.38 2012 dollars, each. This comes to a total value of $257 million, in 2012 dollars. As you can see, this makes Banjo-Kazooie the more valuable of the two games. I would also speculate that it had a lower total production cost than Kinect Sports, but of course I have no way of proving that.
Actually Banjo kazooie only sold around 2.256 million units worldwide according to a source that can't be loaded :P and it only sold about 1.85 million copies in North America according to this http://www.the-magicbox.com/Chart-USPlatinum.shtml. Also you forget that most Xbox 360 games are actually $60 and that banjo kazooie was out for more time then Kinect Sports has been. Also your argument doesn't take into account any price drops that Banjo Kazooie might have had at any point

Marshal Dan Troop said:
Toad85 said:
Why do you not know what your talking about Nintendo only owned 49% of rare
In the corporate world, 49% is a lot.

In most cases, 49% is actually a majority.

And even if it's not in the case of Rare, Nintendo still dropped their 49%.

Back