Your favorite shapes

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
I know this sounds like the "Your favorite numbers", but just post your favorite shapes here.

I was searching if someone has already made a thread for this, but there isn't so I made this:

Also, one of my favorite shapes are spheres because of:

boss_darkmatter.jpg

kirby.jpg

Hexagons sure are sick, and if your board game has hexagonal tiles that means it's bound to be a great time. Like Settlers of Catan. I mean square spaces are fine and all I love a good game of Scrabble but haven't you ever thought, even for just like a minute, "dude, what would it be like if Scrabble had hexagonal tiles like Settlers of Catan does?"? Actually, if any of you know of such a game, please link me to it because I am definetly interested. Hexcrabble sounds like a great game.

I like trains.

Uniju said:
Hexagons sure are sick, and if your board game has hexagonal tiles that means it's bound to be a great time. Like Settlers of Catan. I mean square spaces are fine and all I love a good game of Scrabble but haven't you ever thought, even for just like a minute, "dude, what would it be like if Scrabble had hexagonal tiles like Settlers of Catan does?"? Actually, if any of you know of such a game, please link me to it because I am definetly interested. Hexcrabble sounds like a great game.
There's HexaLex for the iPhone.

I like a lot of the shapes. One of my faves is the shape of a piece of pizza.

New Super Mario said:
Magikrazy said:
New Super Mario said:
And a sphere isn't even a shape.
What?

My favorites are the United Shapes.
No. They aren't. Shapes are 2-D right?
Well, the definition of a shape (in this context) is "the quality of a distinct object or body in having an external surface or outline of specific form or figure". So there's your answer.

it's not that confusing

Hexahedron_flat_color.svg

you can fold this set of 2d shapes upwards into a 3d shape called a cube, right?

188px-Tesseract2.svg.png

just fold this set of 3d shapes upwards into a 4d shape in the same way. that's a tesseract

The blivet and the Penrose triangle, though I like the symbolism of the pentagram, both right-side up and inverted.

You can draw a 2 sided perfect polygon on a non-euclidian geometry.

Back