Your favorite shapes

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
I know this sounds like the "Your favorite numbers", but just post your favorite shapes here.

I was searching if someone has already made a thread for this, but there isn't so I made this:

Also, one of my favorite shapes are spheres because of:

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Hexagons sure are sick, and if your board game has hexagonal tiles that means it's bound to be a great time. Like Settlers of Catan. I mean square spaces are fine and all I love a good game of Scrabble but haven't you ever thought, even for just like a minute, "dude, what would it be like if Scrabble had hexagonal tiles like Settlers of Catan does?"? Actually, if any of you know of such a game, please link me to it because I am definetly interested. Hexcrabble sounds like a great game.

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
I like trains.

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
Uniju said:
Hexagons sure are sick, and if your board game has hexagonal tiles that means it's bound to be a great time. Like Settlers of Catan. I mean square spaces are fine and all I love a good game of Scrabble but haven't you ever thought, even for just like a minute, "dude, what would it be like if Scrabble had hexagonal tiles like Settlers of Catan does?"? Actually, if any of you know of such a game, please link me to it because I am definetly interested. Hexcrabble sounds like a great game.
There's HexaLex for the iPhone.

Soundless Voice

Star Spirit
Banned User
I like a lot of the shapes. One of my faves is the shape of a piece of pizza.

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
New Super Mario said:
Magikrazy said:
New Super Mario said:
And a sphere isn't even a shape.
What?

My favorites are the United Shapes.
No. They aren't. Shapes are 2-D right?
Well, the definition of a shape (in this context) is "the quality of a distinct object or body in having an external surface or outline of specific form or figure". So there's your answer.

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
it's not that confusing

you can fold this set of 2d shapes upwards into a 3d shape called a cube, right?

just fold this set of 3d shapes upwards into a 4d shape in the same way. that's a tesseract

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
The blivet and the Penrose triangle, though I like the symbolism of the pentagram, both right-side up and inverted.

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
You can draw a 2 sided perfect polygon on a non-euclidian geometry.