Recommend Me a Book

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
I'm at Barnes and Noble and, as always, I can't decide which books to get. Anyone has good suggestions? I mostly like Adventure, Fiction, Fantasy and Thriller books, but I'm open to anything. Except anything under the "Teen Paranormal Romance" section.

get either the percy jackson series

or it's sequel series

those were really good books

If The Chronicles of Narnia is there, get it. I'm only on the first book but it's really good (btw I'm talking about the thick book with all 7 in it)

Super Buu said:
Dragon Ball Z manga
I had a feeling you were gonna say that.

Also the Harry Potter series is good.

^ pretty sure he's read that

If you haven't read it, the Artemis Fowl series is fantastic, even if it starts out a bit boring.

Thanks for the suggestions so far :) Yup, I've already read HP, Narnia and THG. I'll probably end up buying Percy Jackson, And Then There Were None and the Maze Runner. Still open for suggestions, tho.

Has anyone here read Game of Thrones? I was thinking bout reading those books, but I'm not quite sure I'll like them.

Any of Dan Brown's books, particularly Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, and The Lost Symbol.

Byakuya Togami said:
Any of Dan Brown's books, particularly Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, and The Lost Symbol.
I read The Lost Symbol and I really liked it, so yeah, I'll probably get either of the other two.

Flowers For Algernon.

Never has a book made me cry as hard as I was when I finished the book. It is an extremely touching and depressing book that focuses on the treatment of the mentally handicapped, among other sensitive topics.

The book hit me pretty hard, considering I had a very life changing event that happened to me while I was little that influenced me a lot that the book pretty much changed... But it is still a very good read no matter what.

Seriously, read this book.

Homer's Iliad and Odyssey, Ovid's Metamorphoses, Agatha Christie's Death on the Nile and Murder on the Orient Express, Virgil's Aeneid and his Eclogues and Georgics, The Song of Roland, Steven Lawhead's Pendragon Cycle, J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and The Silmarillion if you enjoy the latter two, as well as Tolkien's version of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Also, almost anything by William Shakespeare and C. S. Lewis, especially Much Ado about Nothing, Macbeth, Trolius and Cressida, Antony and Cleopatra, and Julius Caesar for the former. Animal Farm and 1984 by George Orwell and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury are fantastic, as is F. Scott Fiztgerald's The Great Gatsby. Jane Austen's wit in Pride and Prejudice was absolutely delightful. The Killer Angels was one of the best historical fiction novels I've ever read. George MacDonald's Phantastes is one of the best fairy-tales I've ever read.

And this is things that are strictly literature and not history books with literary value.

tucayo said:
Byakuya Togami said:
I read The Lost Symbol and I really liked it, so yeah, I'll probably get either of the other two.

Personally, I think that Angels & Demons has the better plot of the two, but they're both great reads.

Also, I'm not sure if you can find this at Barnes & Noble, but the Wheel of Time series is good, too.

Guiliant said:
Flowers For Algernon.

Never has a book made me cry as hard as I was when I finished the book. It is an extremely touching and depressing book that focuses on the treatment of the mentally handicapped, among other sensitive topics.

The book hit me pretty hard, considering I had a very life changing event that happened to me while I was little that influenced me a lot that the book pretty much changed... But it is still a very good read no matter what.

Seriously, read this book.
Oh god, the short story was so sad.

Mortal Engines (Hungry City Chronicles) Tetralogy (4 Books) by Philip Reeve. It's a science fiction series set in the far future.

Back